Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ummm. My wife just drove home behind me in a khaki green 07 V6 Sonata SE tonight.

Ehheh... um... I found a dealership manager who was hard up for sales (big time) and basically lied and cheated until he could get a green light on my credit app (I'm unemployed at the moment and going to school) and paid my two and a half grand down for me to sell the car.

The interest rate sucks, but hey... I'll have two Hyundais to my name :)

For those of you who know me, yes, Kendall's 91 240SX basically bit the dust. I mean, it runs... but the EGR valve doesn't always work, and the instrument cluster is basically dead.

I'd like to state for the record, that I have Malik beat now, officially, in the horsepower department, as a husband and wife combo... because not only does my wife drive a 3.3L Sonata as well, but my car still has two cylinders on him 8)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Hey, Kendalls, (your wife?) 240SX is the 180SX version correct? What are you going to do with it? Fix it, sell it..part out with it?

I need a lot of stock interior parts of the 240, I have a 1990 and need 2 new doorpanels, the gaugecluster cover (With the hazard button and all that), carpet and much more. Let me know if your willing to part it out or what.

Congrats on the Sonata

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm sorry Patton, LoL, it's an S13 coupe, not the hatchback. Otherwise I might consider parting it out, because that may be the only way for me to get any money out of it.

It's EGR valve is just about in pieces, the gauge cluster don't work save for the gas gauge and temp gauge, the tranny kicks you in the *** every time it shifts, the trunk won't stay locked over bumps...

ehheh... :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Congrats! So does she beat you now with teh 3.3? I doubt it...??

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
I think Sonata 3.3L's run a 14.9-15.0 stock. It would be trailing Jim's car slightly, I'd imagine.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Niether of us have really womped on the Sonata yet, we'd like to break in the motor gently as we got it new with 18 whole miles on it, and this motor has variable valve timing so break in is very necessary.

I got it up to cruising speed on the freeway and it's very even across the band, it feels like it will be a little behind my Tib, only because of it's weight, suspension and tires. The Sonata SE comes off the lot with 215/55/17s so it rides really nicely, I mean like, BMW and Audi nice, and the tranny is like... liquid smooth.

It's not a sports sedan, but it is in no way lacking power or passing capability, lets put it that way :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Good reliable unfun bare basic transportation. It'll treat you well as ours has us (06 GLS V6). Won't win any awards for styling or out-and-out performance, but it'll sure eat up those miles comfortably.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quartermaster said:
Ummm. My wife just drove home behind me in a khaki green 07 V6 Sonata SE tonight.

Ehheh... um... I found a dealership manager who was hard up for sales (big time) and basically lied and cheated until he could get a green light on my credit app (I'm unemployed at the moment and going to school) and paid my two and a half grand down for me to sell the car.

The interest rate sucks, but hey... I'll have two Hyundais to my name :)

For those of you who know me, yes, Kendall's 91 240SX basically bit the dust. I mean, it runs... but the EGR valve doesn't always work, and the instrument cluster is basically dead.

I'd like to state for the record, that I have Malik beat now, officially, in the horsepower department, as a husband and wife combo... because not only does my wife drive a 3.3L Sonata as well, but my car still has two cylinders on him 8)

I hate to be the party pooper, but the last thing you need right now is another car... Got a Job! anyone :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks guys. Niether of us have really womped on the Sonata yet, we'd like to break in the motor gently as we got it new with 18 whole miles on it, and this motor has variable valve timing so break in is very necessary.

I got it up to cruising speed on the freeway and it's very even across the band, it feels like it will be a little behind my Tib, only because of it's weight, suspension and tires. The Sonata SE comes off the lot with 215/55/17s so it rides really nicely, I mean like, BMW and Audi nice, and the tranny is like... liquid smooth.

It's not a sports sedan, but it is in no way lacking power or passing capability, lets put it that way
just got one of these myself and oh btw there's no break in period all hyundai suggests is keeping variable speeds on the highway and not to use cruise control for the first 1000 miles! :) I romped on it first day pulls really mean w/o ECS!, it passes my auto tib w/ just intake and exhaust by atleast car lentgh, I'll have a rematch again when headers come in! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts