Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered my Alpine Supercharger Kit + Clutchmasters Stg 3 Clutch about a month ago and finally have done full payment about 2 weeks ago...so just waiting for the big parcel.
The reason i don´t turbo my Tib is due to TÜV here -.-only way getting boosted is to s/c it cuz i need to stay stealth :)
I also will stay on stock intake box for a "more stock" engine bay...same for headers for now cuz i got the only cat in there and the car has to keep emissions legal since its my daily driven car...
What i else plan on doing is installing a water/methanol injektion (guess it will be the snow performace stg 1 kit) and i already got my Injen Super SES under the car... :)
Also plan on having 3 gauges (oil temp, boost, exh. temp)

Want to hit 200whp somehow...anyone know what else i can make to get the car more power w/o getting louder nor failing emissions..? i AM thinking about headers with custom welded metal race cat but i dont know if i would pass with a s/c and aftermarket race header w/ cat and i dont want to spend ~1000 bucks just to try :/

And another thing, if i use race headers with custom welded cat in it do i need a smaller s/c pulley...i know i do with headers.. but with a cat in it...? Would i have same backpressure as with the stock cat or more like w/o ? (maybe a stupid question :p)

regards phiL

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cool sounds good man, keep us posted.

An intake would be easy and throw a couple more hp down, other than that just boost the hell out of it....

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hi,
I have the Alpine kit on my 05 I4. Runs great untill the air temps get warm then I get major knock retard from the ECU. Have not put it on a dyno but there is a good power increase. I left my stock airbox for the same reason, I took off the part of it that is below the fender well and used a piece of flex tube to pull cool air in front of the radiator. I bought a water/alcohol kit from SMC but haven't installed it yet. They use a new Hyundai washer fluid tank as a reservior and have a progressive controller. Let me know what happens with your install.

http://www.smcenterprises.com/

Larry

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
larryinkc said:
Hi,
I have the Alpine kit on my 05 I4. Runs great untill the air temps get warm then I get major knock retard from the ECU. Have not put it on a dyno but there is a good power increase. I left my stock airbox for the same reason, I took off the part of it that is below the fender well and used a piece of flex tube to pull cool air in front of the radiator. I bought a water/alcohol kit from SMC but haven't installed it yet. They use a new Hyundai washer fluid tank as a reservior and have a progressive controller. Let me know what happens with your install.

http://www.smcenterprises.com/

Larry

Hey good to know there are really some other guys out there with the s/c on the i4 :D
Yeah i guess the alc injec. would help u lots...i didn find a uni kit on the page but mime will just be set to a level of psi where it starts to get pumped in...dunno ill set it on 6-7psi i guess :/
Good idea on the aibox...thinkin about doing something like you too :) Let me know when u hit the dyno and if u got some pic´s i´d be happy to see :)

kind regards
phiL

·
Registered
428 Posts
One of the best looking cars on the site if I say so myself (gunmetal is so hot), nice to see it bringing in some power!

Make sure to get some pictures and let us know how it goes! I really hope to boost my i4 in the future, not sure if I want to go the turbo or super route yet.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Travis7s said:
One of the best looking cars on the site if I say so myself (gunmetal is so hot), nice to see it bringing in some power!

Make sure to get some pictures and let us know how it goes! I really hope to boost my i4 in the future, not sure if I want to go the turbo or super route yet.
Hell yeah, boost is the only important missing thing in my car :D But it will be installed after winter when the car hits the road again :)
But damn anyone got some answers on my questions...? And dmdicks if u read this feel free to pm me if u got a clue when my kit gets shipped :( (didnt hear of richard for a week now... :( )

kind regards
phiL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So some updates,

i just bough a BBTB and Nology Hotwires from another member on here, and switched my mind on the alci injec. now going with stage 2 :)

Also plan on buying headers next year and use them with a sport cat to keep emissions legal :)
I want to use the Maintec GT Headers listed on Kspec here they are pretty damn expensive but what do u guys think would wnother header give me better gains ? Hotshots maybe....or maintec racing headers (thought they would be better 4 n/a) ...?
Anyway with the headers bolt on i will use the smaller s/c pulley too...:)

Anyway my main goal is reaching 250 s/c´ed whp...i think i wont reach that with my stup so anyone got ideas of making more power ..? I maybe too add a carbon air box but not still clear about this..

regards and thx in advance 4 any help

phiL

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Travis7s said:
How do you change boost levels on a supercharger anyways? Different sized pulleys?

Yea,
You go with smaller and smaller pulleys :3_zoefzoe

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
250WHP? That's pretty abitious with the SC kit. Anything else you will want to boost your HP will be costly from here on out!!

More boost/Meth injection (as you mentioned)
Stupid-Expensive Camshafts (so far none exist that are matched to your S/C)
Nitrous
Headwork (mild port/polish)
Motor mounts (will help you get your power to the ground and cheap!)

All in all it's similar to increasing outout with a turbo kit. Good luck and keep us updated on the progress!

-BRR

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm yeah...thats what i thought about it aswell not really more options to go farther..didnt i mention i bougt kspec motor mounts aswell :)
Also thought about waiting till winter next year and see what happens to the alpine thincharged projekt...350whp sound pretty good but my car should still remain *daily driveable* and it would be VERY costy to get TÜV for something like that :p

well time will show...also bought gauges (Oil. Temp, EGT, Boost)...Stri DND Series smoked....they will be customly molded in my a-pillar and re-leathered ;) I saw a test showing that they are more accurate than Defi....at least they are hella expesnive :p

regards and thx 4 the help 4 now :D
phiL

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here´s the newest part of the setup, just bought hope it arrives within the next two weeks.. :D
Damn expensive...$699 but u gotta pay to play...and i just love the design ^^

Guess i will wait till June and then straight go with smaller pulley and headers..dont want to spend one weeks of holidays in february for doing engine work on the car :p

regards phiL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
that header looks sweet, looks easy as hell to install in comparison to the v6 headers

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
that header looks sweet, looks easy as hell to install in comparison to the v6 headers
Hope so, what i just need now is an aftermarket cat that will let me pass auf emission test...

Oh and i forgot the TB Manifold will be bored up to match the Tigerlilly BBTB :D

So this is the final engine setup i will go with for now :)

- Alpine S/C Kit + smaller pulley + TB Manifold bored to BBTB Size
- Snowperformance Water/Methanol Injection Stage 2
- Kspec Motor Mounts
- Tigerlilly BBTB
- Nology Hotwires
- GT Header
- Injen Super SES
- Clutchmasters Stg 3 Clutch
- STRI DND Serie Smoked Gauges (Boost, Oil Temp. ,Exh. Temp.)

- Not sure of but ill think ill add a carbon dynamic airbox too :)
- cat (beside the airbox only part which is missing...)

regards phiL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts