Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I realy got f-ed on this deal. I orderd the Stage 2 South Bend Clutch Kit for my 04 5 speed i4. It was in my car for literally 4 hours, the only spots on the clutch is where they scratched it a little installing it. I now have a LUK clutch kit instead....the mechanic i orginally took it to told me that he couldn't get the TOB to stay in tact with the pressure plate...he suggested it was the TOB that came with the kit so i took it to another mechanic who knew what he was doing.

I ordered the LUK kit after thinking my TOB with my kit was messed up and tried sending the South Bend back and they would not accept it, even though i hadn't had the clutch for like 10 days and sent it back, they said they would not refund my money and my LUK was already in so theres no use in paying to have the South Bend put back in by my new mechanic.

I later found out my problem was my 1st mechanic did not know how to work on the Tiburon clutches and my new mechanic is a wizz at it. But, i guess my loss is ur gain. I paid $275 for the clutch and then $35 for shipping, but i do not think shipping will be that expensive if I ship it because when i tried to send the clutch kit back it only cost me 15$ so...i'm guessing i got ripped on shipping also.

heres the link to the Stage 2 Tiburon TZ Kit i ordered
http://www.dxdracingclutches.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have for sale a set of stock radiator hoses off the 04 i4. They seem like they are in fine shape i just put red OBX radiator hoses on to make my engine bay look better. I'm thinking somewhere around 35$ for the pair of hoses and if anyone wants to pay shipping for the h's they can have them. I was just messing around and painted them one night...

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump...looking for some cash for college

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
someone always needs a clutch untill you try and get rid of one...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to the top..make some offers

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking to get $240 shipped guys

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to the top with a good deal...looking for offers...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stock radiator hoses, h's and south bend 5 speed clutch still up for sale. I will take 225$ shipped for it all.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now also have a 4 channel amp for sale along with the stock 04 headunit

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to the top

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeh i placed it on there to see how things were hooking up myself..and now it is difficult to get off...so my tob was not the problem..my 1st mechanic was just stupid....but thanks guys

i also have a 04 stock head unit for sale shoot me some offers on that if you guys want it....

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to the top

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I might be interested, I'm still reading up on clutches. Do you know if this works in the 03 (i4 5speed)? Or is this one of the things I have to check my manufacturing date on?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
still have the clutch kit for sale...i also have flying h's for free if someone orders something else, stock radiator hoses in fine condition ( i just wanted red ones) and a stock 04 headunit as well.

I'm looking for 225$ for the clutch kit...and make some offers on the head unit and radiator hoses

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SOLD!!!!! the clutch kit has been sold!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts