Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
^^Link not working. On personal experience, I've currently had a DXD Stage 4 installed for approx. 6000 Kms (4 puck sprung hub) along with a Fidanza flywheel. If engaged carefully, it is extremely smooth and the clutch pedal feeling remains almost like stock. I've read horror stories about some members here having problems with the TOB but, in my case, everything was good. Personally, I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone who requires a clutch for a high-torque application. What power goals are you shooting for?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the one im looking at getting. ill be pushing the jattus stage three. so looking at 300whp, whichever torque that will give me. i have a CM flywheel to go with it as well.

ive read a lot of horror stories with these clutches and the TOB. personally it seems to me that i could buy this clutch and not have a problem. and save money. or have a problem and spend about the same as if i were to buy the CM stage 4.

still waiting to hear more reviews. seems like people only post when they have something bad happen, but never when they are satisfied with a company. tho its good to hear the bad, i would like to hear the good as well, so i can weigh my options equally

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a stage 3 SouthBend with Fidanza Flywheel. I didn't have any problems with the TOB... I have about 6k miles on the clutch now and no problems. I don't have any performance mods except a CAI. I have the 4 cylinder 5 speed. Definately don't slip! Grabs quite well and don't have much clutch chatter because it is a 5 puck design with kevlar and ferramic. It is also a sprung clutch. Overkill clutch for a stock motor, but I just paid off my credit cards instead of buying a turbo kit. So RESPONSIBLE! haha

BTW... Be sure to replace the following... clutch fork, fork bushings, shaft sleeve...
Upon recieving the clutch and TOB from SouthBend, they strongly advised replacing all of these to ensure proper fitment. Also, some people on here also agree that these parts should all be replaced with replacing the clutch.

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
I have a Stage 5 cryotreated 4 puck Southbend clutch. At first I had problems with the TOB popping out but the guys at Southbend was able to get it figured out and I've had ZERO problems. Clutch holds like a mother and engages as smooth as stock. Andy from Southbend rocks and his customer service has been great! I would highly recommend them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts