Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly can I find a descent dyno in the Newport News area - I've rescently done I/H/E and was looking into doing an ecu for the car but before I do I wanted to get a dyno done - and then dyno with the chip - then dyno again with a mafterburner (I've heard that I can do both a mafterburner plus an ecu and see aditional gains - any truth to this?)

Anyway your help is greatly appricaited.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Glavius said:
Where exactly can I find a descent dyno in the Newport News area - I've rescently done I/H/E and was looking into doing an ecu for the car but before I do I wanted to get a dyno done - and then dyno with the chip - then dyno again with a mafterburner (I've heard that I can do both a mafterburner plus an ecu and see aditional gains - any truth to this?)

Anyway your help is greatly appricaited.
Me and a few others here have used MCP tuneing. They are in Elizabeth City NC, only about an hour from newport news. Most places in VA won't touch a mafterburner, these guys will and they are experienced!

There is no chip that ou are going to be able to buy other than a fuel tuner. The mafterburner is the way to go!

Call MCP 252-333-1627 Ask for Sal. Tell him Mitch sent you and he should hook you up with a discounted dyno session.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EL-WHITE-SHARK said:
that thing is like 500 dollar......
Yeah but I've thrown $700 headders on my car and a $600 exhaust on my car for about equal gains and if that gains as advertised it'd be worth it dont you figure? I don't want to do a mafterburner because that will kill my fuel economy but by chipping it wont kill it...

Anyone have a reason other then price as to why that wouldn't offer the same if not better gains then a mafterburner?

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Trust me man (look at my sig), all you are going to need is the mafterburner to tune your fuel curve. You won't see that much of a gain with just I/H/E but probably 10whp.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
the chip will help some, but your not gonna be able to see gains anywhere near what the mafterburner can give you. you can even tune the mafterburner when you get new mods to get even more power

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Mafterburner it is - at what point should I actually go and get one - now? or the same time i go supercharged? my current next mod is SC most likely a sniper kit as I don't know how to work on an assassin kit and I'm not certin I want that level of power in my car...

So is the typical upgrade path I/H/E/Mafterburner/Sniper? or am I missing something in after I/h/E but before Mafterburner?

·
Registered
986 Posts
tuning is a way to help your gas mileage... cant really hurt you. unless its improperly tuned. . . and ugh.. u gotta get something up to play w/ the big dogs.. haha fuel economy is usually #1 to throw out the window

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah okay ill probably do that in a month or so then - thanks again. I'm not really a lurker I've only had my Tib since May 2nd so I've only just started modding... but my god have I done alot of mods.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Glavius said:
Ah okay ill probably do that in a month or so then - thanks again. I'm not really a lurker I've only had my Tib since May 2nd so I've only just started modding... but my god have I done alot of mods.

Let me know if you are going to go to MCP, I might roll out there with you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Glavius said:
Do you work at the Hyundai dealership? If so which one? We need & want to get more....ALL the Tibs in the 7 cities together!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I work at a hyundai dealership it's Priority Hyundai in Newport News (12872 Jefferson Avenue) I was in sales til resceontly however I've just switched to the parts department (Better pay there setting me up for some ebay sales manager position sounds intresting dont know much yet) - Priority also owns a hyundai dealership in chesapeake and will be getting one on the richmond area shortly.

I'll actually be putting off plans on getting mafterburner/tune until febuary since I had to buy a new computer as my old one destroyed itself rescently. Ah well was going to go F/I by augest that's now looking like this time next year if I'm lucky. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts