Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 gt v6. I don’t think I have the Infiniti system.

I used crutchfield to figure out what speaker sizes I needed to order.
It told me I have 6x9” “subs” in the back panels, as well as 5 1/4” speakers in the back panels.
It also told me I have 5 1/4” speakers in the doors as well as the 3/4” tweeters.

well I ordered2 pairs of 5 1/4” speakers and a pair of 6x9s. I installed the 6x9s in my rear panels finding out there’s no spot for 5.25s back there.

I double checked crutchfield and now it says I could have 5.25s or 6.25s in the front doors. So before I take the doors off I need to know what speaker size I have.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
The fronts are 6.5" and the rears as you already know are 6x9.

What Crutchfield was telling you is you can fit any of those sizes in the back (with adapters), and several different sizes in the front as well, up to and including 6.5s (sometimes needing adapters there too).

FWIW the door panels are really easy to take off. I've had mine off so many times it takes like 5 minutes each.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry for the bump but i need to replace the rear speakers and i dont know anything about it. I just know the 6x9 but what about the wattage??

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Sorry for the bump but i need to replace the rear speakers and i dont know anything about it. I just know the 6x9 but what about the wattage??
Doesn't really matter unless you're adding an amp. If you are then the speakers just need to be able to handle whatever the amp is putting out. If not, most head units (including OEM) won't push anywhere near what most mainstream speakers can handle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts