Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get to see as many nice cars as last time..

Speed Ventures is basically track racing

pics

My friend's uncle's Porsche GT3 *drool*

buddy of mine got forced off the track... it was a legal pass

that white evo WAS FREAKEN FAST!

believe it or not, my friends crossfire was lapping people lol

blurry pic of my friend's mazda 3

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the track changes every event.. the next one is in november.. www.speedventures.com

they have the track listings and cars.. yeah but it costs 300 - 450 dollars depending on what track you go to.. it requires a helmet and tow hook... ooo and it comes with an instructor guy for those of you who are newbs to track racing..

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
I wish Florida had something like this.......maybe at Moroso Motorsports in Palm Beach possibly.

Looks like fun definately.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You must have had a great time !

P.S: noob question. Why are the headlights hidden ?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
yes. California speedway has open sessions as well. I forgot what they call it, but basically they open up the track for street cars. However, like byron says, you have to take a sit down tutorial where they give you a crash course on what all the signals, and lights mean... and then the do's and don't.

if your new to the event you are not allowed to pass people. but as you log in more and more time to the track, eventually they'll allow you to pass other cars hence the words a "legal pass". The instructor will also ride a couple laps explaining the rules, the light and flag system, and pit stops/exiting. i havent done this yet either but i think i wanna try it as well. i met a couple guys at csuf that go regularly.

edit: hey byron what track is that anyway? oh wait. just kidding it looks like california speedway. =P

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah it's california speed way... the next one is in nevada... i'm hoping that i can finish up all my suspension work and buy myself a helmet before the next one at cali speed way... the next event at cali speed way will probably be next year like 6 - 7 months from now.. anyone interested in trying it with me? lol

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
byron said:
yeah it's california speed way... the next one is in nevada... i'm hoping that i can finish up all my suspension work and buy myself a helmet before the next one at cali speed way... the next event at cali speed way will probably be next year like 6 - 7 months from now.. anyone interested in trying it with me? lol
yes. good idea for the suspension. also try upgrading your brake lines and use some of that cool blue stuff. there's a few guys that autocross here that could point you in the right direction on getting your car ready for track. i could also use a few pointers myself.

and do you plan on going regularly? otherwise you could always just rent a helmet =P

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's not really autocross... this is more high speed... but yeah i'm getting ready for this...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the dude was in a stock Audi TT... that guy didn't have enough power to take my friend on the straight aways... ugh.. oh and to answer the question from a couple of posts ago, they tape their front end because there's so much crap that kicks up on the track that it can mess up your paint job and sand blast your headlights... yeah... hahaha... it's not only in california, check out the tracks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Holy crap this is awesome. We should put together an event and get all the local guys to go to one. maybe in december since it's a little cheaper?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts