Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aite so i just got my first speeding ticket ever.....and being a newb to tickets i was wondering whether or not it affects ur insurance?

it was onli $25 ticket and i intend to pay it off tomorow....

does your insuacne go up? do they get notified of this speeding ticket?

thnxs

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
in texas.....if u take a defensive driving clas for your first ticket...its cleared off your record..and wont affect insurance...i had to do that...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the copper said i shud just pay the fine....he didn't mention anything about driving classes...

so will this speeding ticket effect my insurance even if i pay it off??

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes, tickets effect insurance. Go with the driving class if you can, tho the classes are gonna cost alot more then 25$ its well worth cheaper insurance

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
It only effects your insurance if your insurance company runs your record with the BMV. I know my insurance company is kinda lazy when it comes to that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aite well i just google'd speeding tickets...and according to this insurance company

my insurance won't go up as long as it wasn't considered reckless driving, and it was your first offecne...

the officer put (violation of traffic control device) as my violation, so im guessing that itsn't reckeless driving....

·
Registered
123 Posts
here in vegas i got caught 25 over the limit, 300$ fine and a point on my record.

I paid a ticket buster agency 175.00 to go to court for me, pled nolo got the ticket knocked down to a parking violation and a 142.00 fine, non-moving violation, no points.

maybe look into that.

T

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^umm isn't

175 + 142 = $317...u payed more just to get a point removed from ur record...i guess if u have a few points this wud be a good idea...but i don't have no points or nething...

i think ill just pay the bludy fine.....

·
Registered
962 Posts
I was told after like 3 tickets(depending on what its for) then the INS. payment goes up. ANd here in RI the first offense is usually dropped and not even on your record. But thats as far as I know around here.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
VoKaL said:
^umm isn't

175 + 142 = $317...u payed more just to get a point removed from ur record...i guess if u have a few points this wud be a good idea...but i don't have no points or nething...

i think ill just pay the bludy fine.....
but driving school to get that point off of your record costs alot more, + it costs time away from work ... well worth it

·
Registered
617 Posts
If it was $25 and on a college campus ... I'm willing to bet your campus police aren't real police. Who are you supposed to mail the payment to? I'm betting "Parking Services" or some crap like that on campus, in which case it probably won't even be reported to DMV.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^yeh thas what i thought as well, but the copper told me to mail the check or make the payment to the "clerk of courts" which has nothing to do with the uni...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
You need to read up on your insurance and find out what the point schedule is in your state. In most states, you're allowed to absolve (traffic school, dvd, whichever) one ticket within a certain period. In Florida (I don't remember) I think it's one ticket a year you're allowed to erase with traffic school, and still have to pay fine. If your's is similar, and that's a petty low point ticket, you may want to reserve your traffic school for something more serious. In Florida, the University police are real (sworn) law enforcement officers (LEO's), and also, most states allow non-sworn officers attend certification to write non-criminal citations. So it doesn't always have to be a "cop" to count.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Our campus police are sworn LEO. YMMV

·
Registered
450 Posts
I got caught 35 over and had to pay $550 for ticket (including court cost) and $500 lawyer

It's not on record and it's not going to be reported to nsurance....plus I don't have to go to jail for 2 day!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts