Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day wile I was driving, my Speedometer suddenly went to zero. I noticed the odometer is no longer logging miles as well as the fuel gauge will sway back and forth. (when I make a right turn it will sway towards empty). Also noticed my turn signals will not flash on the right side of the car. Ive been trying to read up on this problem but cannot find a definitive answer. I did check the cluster fuse to rule that out but it was fine but I replaced it anyway. Its not the VSS because it would not cause the other issues. Anyone see this problem before? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds pretty fucky could be the bcm. They fail often in tiburons... if it is save yourself the money and get one out of a junkyard off of any tiburon before 2006. 4cyl or v6 doesn’t matter trust me.. I have a 2005 4cyl bcm and a 2005 Santafe V6 ecu in my car works Fine... 2006 and up uses immobilizer which has a chipped key and you’ll need to get it programmed and will cost close to 1000$... bcm can only be out of a tiburon, ecu can be out of anything with the same engine, if you have a v6 and use a i4 bcm you won’t be able to read codes...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Check signal dieode on the back of the bcm if it’s not that I’d put my money on a bad bcm... cluster is run by the bcm and the signals are controlled by it also

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check signal dieode on the back of the bcm if it’s not that I’d put my money on a bad bcm... cluster is run by the bcm and the signals are controlled by it also
Thank you! Ive been trying to reseach as much as I can but I cant seem to find definitive answers on this that seems fairly common across Hyundai's in general. Not just the Tiburon. Is it pretty hard to get out? I REALLY hate doing electrical. I hope its just clips and some pigtails like everything else on the car haha

·
Registered
77 Posts
So to get it out you’ll have to pull the plastic cover under the steering wheel 3 screw on the bottom and she pops right off... then take out the 2? Bolts on the bottom of the bcm(fuse box) unplug all the clips on the front.. at this point you’ll have a lot of play in it and on the top it’s held into place by 2 brackets with holes you can slide it up if you can I had to pry them open and pull the bcm down... then there will be more clips on the backside to take out, then she’s good to come out.. will take about 15 min if you did it before or about 30 To figure it all out... if you have any more questions let me know,, what kind of tib you got?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts