Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between running with the OEM spoiler and without the OEM spoiler ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dont see why there would be...most cars arnt fast enough to actually make a differance...and its fwd...so if your doing 80-100+ thru a turn then yes it might make alittle differance on traction.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The OEM high & low spoilers are purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
514 Posts
myslow1 said:
^and ugly....
Thats not nice. I like my oem high spoiler!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Ugly? No. Not my preference though. Freedom of choice is what makes us individuals. My choice-Tomato A&P-

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I don't think the spoiler's are that bad in relationship to the design of the car. When there were no, or few spoilers (all cars) and they were optional, everyone liked them. Then they started putting them on every damn car out there whether it flowed with the car or not, and everyone had to have one. Then came the 3 shelve bookcase wings, excessively high wings, and soon everyone will get over the rear spoiler thing and they will go back into hiding, and perhaps new cars will have barely noticeable spoilers built into their design. How many custom mini trucks do you see out there? Remember when?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
bagpiper said:
I don't think the spoiler's are that bad in relationship to the design of the car. When there were no, or few spoilers (all cars) and they were optional, everyone liked them. Then they started putting them on every damn car out there whether it flowed with the car or not, and everyone had to have one. Then came the 3 shelve bookcase wings, excessively high wings, and soon everyone will get over the rear spoiler thing and they will go back into hiding, and perhaps new cars will have barely noticeable spoilers built into their design. How many custom mini trucks do you see out there? Remember when?
Does that forshadow the future of modding FWD imports too?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts