Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

501 - 520 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow, your car is really good looking. Keep it up man.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #502

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
So this happened...

(Sorry for the blurry picture)

[URL=http://s876.photobucket.com/user/Spooner077/media/photo3_zps297fba94.jpg.html][/URL]

I was driving down the highway and felt my front passenger side tire go flat, so I pulled off onto the shoulder. I had the car towed home, removed the wheel, and discovered massive tire wear.

What's interesting is that I inspected all four tires less than 60 days prior and they were fine. There was some camber wear which was to be expected, but nothing like this. The only thing I can think of is a NASTY pothole I hit with that wheel a few months ago. Perhaps it knocked the toe out of alignment because that's the only thing I know of which could cause this type of tire wear in that amount of time. Luckily I had an extra Nitto NeoGen at the house, so I had that mounted on the wheel to hold me over until I get a new set of tires. I've already ordered a set of Nitto Motivo's and once they arrive I'll be breaking the Work Emotions out of storage and having the Motivo's mounted onto the Work's. Obviously I'll be getting an alignment too, lol.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ryan wow good thing that you didn't damage the car the winters and wheels I don't care for but the car and the works If any thing happens to them I might cry

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #505 (Edited)
Ryan wow good thing that you didn't damage the car the winters and wheels I don't care for but the car and the works If any thing happens to them I might cry
Actually just today I dropped off the Works to have repair/touch up done. Three of them are just getting minor work done to repair small paint chips and other normal wear and tear from the past two and a half years. However, the front passenger side wheel is having more significant work done to repair a chunk taken out by a curb I didn't see. I could almost buy a new set of XXR's for what it's going to cost me to repair/touch up the Works, but it's totally worth it.

Speaking of that, hopefully you'll never need wheel repair done but if you do let me know. My guy does fantastic work and is less than 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore.

·
Registered
231 Posts
damn, showing up the regatta blue tib... totally jealous... i had to replace my hood with a seibon after some asshat in miami backed up over it... plus my front bumper is misaligned. your wheel selection is superb, and fittment is impeccable. just out of curiosity, did you ever consider getting cross drilled brake rotors to accent your already impressive wheel selection. if you have, i might not have seen the pics.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I want to have my wheels redone if I can ever get the xxrs that I got from you put on the car every time I'm almost ready to throw them on something else pops up that requires my attention first

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
damn, showing up the regatta blue tib... totally jealous... i had to replace my hood with a seibon after some asshat in miami backed up over it... plus my front bumper is misaligned. your wheel selection is superb, and fittment is impeccable. just out of curiosity, did you ever consider getting cross drilled brake rotors to accent your already impressive wheel selection. if you have, i might not have seen the pics.
Thanks man, and yes I have R1 Concepts Cross-Drilled/Slotted rotors. I will eventually upgrade to a BBK though.

I want to have my wheels redone if I can ever get the xxrs that I got from you put on the car every time I'm almost ready to throw them on something else pops up that requires my attention first
Damn, you still don't have those on the car? I sold you those 527's over a year ago, lol.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
No 530s Ryan that's how old they are
Ha, you're right...they were 530's. It's been so long I can't even remember what wheels I had, lol.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Speaking of that, hopefully you'll never need wheel repair done but if you do let me know. My guy does fantastic work and is less than 20 minutes from downtown Baltimore.
Does he do wheels that are shipped in? I can't find anywhere local to repair curb damage on one of my MB Battles that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Does he do wheels that are shipped in? I can't find anywhere local to repair curb damage on one of my MB Battles that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.
I don't think so, but I'll check with him tomorrow. If not you can always ship your wheel to me, I'll deliver it to him, and then ship it back to you after the work is completed. However, by the time you factor in the shipping costs it'll probably be cheaper to have the work done locally. What kind of quotes are you getting in your area?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #514

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't think so, but I'll check with him tomorrow. If not you can always ship your wheel to me, I'll deliver it to him, and then ship it back to you after the work is completed. However, by the time you factor in the shipping costs it'll probably be cheaper to have the work done locally. What kind of quotes are you getting in your area?
Around $300 to fix maybe a 2 inch section of very mild rash.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
Around $300 to fix maybe a 2 inch section of very mild rash.
That's outrageous. I still haven't talked to my guy about shipping wheels in, but I'll touch base with him on Monday though. My Nitto Motivo's came in so I'm ready to get the Works back on the car.

Mmm...new rubber.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Thanks man, and yes I have R1 Concepts Cross-Drilled/Slotted rotors. I will eventually upgrade to a BBK though.

Damn, you still don't have those on the car? I sold you those 527's over a year ago, lol.
When you're ready for the bbk Ryan, holla at meeeeeee :)

501 - 520 of 547 Posts