Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Spooner’s ‘08 Regatta Blue Tib

96K views 546 replies 133 participants last post by  Charlie-III 
#1 · (Edited)
Spooner's '08 Regatta Blue Tiburon

Wheels/Tires:

Work Emotion XC8 (18x9.5 +20)
XXR 526 (Front 18x9 +35, Rear 18x9 +25) (SOLD)
Raze R74 (Front 18x8.5 +35, Rear 18x9.5 +35) (SOLD)
Nitto Motivo Tires (.225/40/ZR18.)
Nitto NT NeoGen Tires (.225/40/ZR18.) (Expired)
Muteki SR48 Tuner Lugs

Suspension/Chassis Stiffening:

D2 Racing Coilovers
Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar
Ultra Racing Room Bar (Powdercoated by Will51)
DC Sports Rear Strut Tower Bar
SPC 81260 Camber Bolts
Moog Endlinks

Exterior Aesthetics:

NIA Front Splitter
NIA Side Splitters
NIA Eyelines
Luxgen Eyelines (Removed)
NIA Keyhole Covers
FFF Airbrushed Emblems
Suntek Carbon Series Tint

Interior Aesthetics:

OEM Stainless Steel Pedals
Acrylic Conceptions Mission Plate
Acrylic Conceptions E-Brake Cover
Acrylic Conceptions Steering Wheel Badge
3M 1080 Series Brushed Steel Vinyl Wrap

Lighting:

DDM Tuning 8000K HID's (Low Beams)
DDM Tuning 8000K HID's (Fog Lights)
Autolumination Chrome-Dipped 1156's
Diode Dynamics Switchback 1157's
Diode Dynamics Clear Door Lenses
Diode Dynamics Interior LED's (Doors, Overhead Console, Glovebox)
Diode Dynamics Exterior LED's (License Plate)
Oznium 2ft Cool White LED Strip (Hatch light)

Audio:

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS
iPod Integration

Performance:

Borla Exhaust
R1 Concepts Premium Slotted/Drilled Rotors

Recent shots of the Tib:

Progression:

Here’s the Tib on the day I bought it. 11,000 miles and stock as hell. (8/28/2010)

I needed tint badly so I headed down to my tint guy who slapped on 35% Suntek Carbon series tint. I would have liked to have gone darker but I didn’t want to take a chance with the cops. (9/10/2010)

The stock headlight bulbs looked like crap and I couldn’t see a damn thing at night, so I picked up a set of DDM Tuning 8000k H11 HID’s. (9/11/2010)

I was tired of burning CD’s for the single disc Kenwood headunit, so I decided to install an inexpensive Aux-In for my iPod. (9/17/2010)

I know this is a minor thing but the orange bulbs in the taillights were killing me, so I replaced them with chrome dipped bulbs for a cleaner look. (9/21/2010)

Ugly Stock:

Chrome Dipped:

The interior lighting was boring me to death, so I hit up the Diode Dynamics website and picked up four 1-Watt 194’s and a set of clear door lenses. (10/03/2010)

Stock orange turn signals = suck, so I grabbed a set of Diode Dynamics Switchback 1157 Dual-LED signals. (10/05/2010)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
(Continued)

The time had come to get rid of some excess baggage, so I had my previous car towed away for good. That was a bittersweet day for sure. R.I.P. Mazda 6...we had some good times. Well…except for when your engine died and I replaced it with another engine which also died. Those times sucked. (10/18/2010)

Oh and just for the record…those tails were stock.

The Tib was coming along nicely but it was still rolling monster truck style, so it was time to go lower with some Megan Racing springs and the help of jdhiatt (Thanks Josh!) (10/15/2010)

***WINTER BREAK*** (11/2010 – 4/2011)

Ok… time for Luxgen eyelines! Or more accurately…time to order Luxgen eyelines, wait for months due to backorder, receive busted eyelines, and then have the vendor tell me to f**k off. Yay! (4/1/2011)

(I’ll never order from KoreanAutoImports.com ever again. Seriously…I’d rather get a colonoscopy with a rake.)

I had been holding off on getting HID’s for the fogs because I was considering replacing my bumper with the Hana, but I eventually scratched that idea so I picked up a set of DDM Tuning 8000k 9006’s to match the low beams. (3/15/2011)

(I realize that the left and right bulbs look like they’re different color temperatures, but it’s just the angle from which the photo was taken.)

I caved in and decided to debadge, so I picked up an amazing set of airbrushed emblems from FFF. Installation would have to wait because I had a few other products en route and I planned on installing them all at once. (6/15/2011)

The first of the items arrived! A set of four 225/40ZR18 Nitto NT NeoGen’s. Mmm….rubber. (6/22/2011)

Next up…a Gorilla Automotive “Original System” wheel lock set. Just look at all those wheel locks...and yes, I’m paranoid. (6/23/2011)

D2 Racing RS Coilovers are here! (6/30/2011)

Work Emotion XC8's have arrived! (7/2/2011)

D2 Racing Coilovers, Work Emotion XC8 Wheels, and FFF Emblems have been installed. Additionally, the badges and mudguards have been removed. (7/3/2011)

#3 · (Edited)
(Continued)

Installed NIA Side Splitters! Also washed, clayed, polished, and waxed the Tib! (7/23/11)

Installed the NIA Front Splitter! Well to be honest, jdhiatt did. I...uh....consulted on the project and as always, provided liquid refreshment in the form of a case of quality beers. (8/7/2011)

Installed OEM Stainless Pedals (10/17/2011)

#4 · (Edited)
Installed Acrylic Conceptions steering wheel "T" emblem (10/17/2011)

2011/2012 winter wheels are installed! Raze R74's 18x8.5 Front / 18x9.5 Rear (10/19/2011)

Installed NIA Keyhole Covers. (02/17//2012)

Installed Ultra Racing Rear Sway Bar (01/09/2012)

Installed Ultra Racing Room Bar (3/25/12)

Installed Moog Endlinks (04/01/2012)

Installed SPC Camber Bolts and dropped the Tib another 1/2 inch. (06/20/2012)

#10 ·
To be honest I'd rather it be Tidal Wave Blue or Black Pearl. The Regatta Blue is in that spot where I wish it were either lighter or darker, but it is what it is.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments everyone! At this point the coilovers, wheels, and FFF emblems are installed, the stock badges and mudguards have been removed, and the alignment is complete. I'm just waiting on the centercaps from Work and according to the USPS tracking site they are scheduled for delivery today. Assuming that they come in I'll be ready to snap some pics and update the thread, hopefully tonight.

We did alot of work to his car yesterday so stay tuned...
Hell yeah we did. I'd like to give a massive thanks to jdhiatt and Blackcasper for all of their help over the past couple of days. It had to have been over 100 degrees on Sunday and we were out there for the better portion of the day working on the car. Many thanks guys...I can't tell you how much I appreciate your hard work and willingness to help.

Mind if I ask where you picked up those D2s and how much did it set you back?
I bought them from one of the site sponsors, JM Auto Racing. I'd have to go back and look at the invoice to get the exact cost, but I think it was something like $1060 shipped.

#20 ·
You are very welcome for all the help Ryan. I always enjoy good wrench time with great friends so its always a pleasure. Thank YOU for the beer! I'm enjoying one right now...:D

I guess I'll be the first to ask.....whats next?

#24 · (Edited)
The Work centercaps came in this afternoon so I installed them, ran to BestBuy to pick up a digital camera that's somewhat better than my Blackberry Bold, and took some shots. I'm sifting through the pics now and I'll be updating the thread in the next 30 minutes or so.

Buying beer and pizza is easy. Helping a friend install coilovers on a 100 degree day is not. Trust me, as far as I'm concerned I still owe you one man. :) As for what's next...well I think you already know what's next but everyone else will have to wait, lol. The items have already been paid for but won't arrive be until the end of July. Man...I can't wait.

Curious on the ipod integration. Does the stock Kenwood head unit have a auxillary input in it somewhere in the back or did you have to get one installed, and if so how did you go about doing it? I like the aux hook up routing through that little compartment. Good idea.
I did a DIY on this back in October of last year. It should answer all of your questions, but if not feel free to PM me. http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190945

Looks Awesome so far man. Keep it up!!
looks good nice to see another regatta blue
Thanks guys!

#32 · (Edited)
Thanks Britt!

Ryan.....all I have to say is OMFG! lol

Oh and like you said on the phone about dropping it a little more, I kind of agree ;-)
Glad you like it Rob! Yeah I definitely want to go a bit lower but I'm going to wait, at least until the end of July.

#31 ·
Ryan.....all I have to say is OMFG! lol

Oh and like you said on the phone about dropping it a little more, I kind of agree ;-)

#33 ·
Ryan, your Tib looks great!!! Just stumbled upon your hyperlink in your signature. Nice job!!! Hope to see you on the road soon or at a meet.

#35 ·
Thanks Donn! Yeah there are a bunch of meets coming up and I'm going to try to make as many as possible. Any chance you can make it to the SFR meet in August?

Solid looking Tib, sir! I thoroughly enjoy your taste in modding.
Thanks joeldman, I appreciate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.