Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys I am looking for someone who knows how to install lowering springs. I am a senior, which means I have to do senior project and that involves having a mentor. My topic is cars and I am lowering my car for the product half. If anyone knows how to install them and can either walk me through it or help me and is willing to give up some of their time for me to get some knowledge off of them, let me know. i need one by dec. 10 or somewhere close to that. thanks

Mark

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I've helped a couple people out doing theirs by PM's etc. It's really not a difficult task. My Tib was the first one I ever did! What do you need?

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, basically a mentors job is just to supervise and teach the student how to do something. in this case its spring installs. i need at least 15 hours with someone who can help me out. so my mentor would have to talk with me either on the phone, AIM, e-mail, etc. and discuss the process in doing it. then walk me through it. simple, it just takes some of the mentors free time.

a user by the name of 6speedwonder on here went to my school last year, so he completed senior project. he would be able to tell me what will happen. and the mentor has to be at least 21 or older.

·
Retired Staff
4,860 Posts
There's a nice DIY for installing coilovers in the DIY section and it's basically the same as installing springs, you can tell where they differ. That can help get you started. I know there are a ton of members in Florida. Maybe post up something in the SOutheast regional forum as well to ask for help. Just title it as Tampa Florida member needs help and see who responds. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know its easy. I just need someone to walk me through the install. And you don't need to live by me. It would be nice so you could physically help, but there are other means of communnication.

·
Registered
285 Posts
ok guys i had to do this senior project thing last year. All you have to do is sign a few papers, communicate with him a few times so he has proof you helped him out, and walk him through the install. That's it no big deal you dont have to drive down to him or n e thing just so long as everything is documented. help speedy out here guys!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone? anyone? any takers? :)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
speedy said:
anyone? anyone? any takers? :)
Dude, I'd love to help you out....but, umm *clears throat*, I dont know squat about installing springs. Sorry bro :(

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
damn man i really wish i lived closer! i would be more than willin to help you out!
I know there are a few members in that area they will probably see this and help

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like I said guys, you do not have to live near me. we just need to talk, either on the phone, e-mail, AIM, or whatever else. I need to get info on where to get them, the different types of springs, so I can make a good decision, and then just send me directions on the installation process, and If I have any problems, you're there for me to ask. It just requires signing some papers showing that you did help me and you are my mentor.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bumpity, bump, bump

1 - 12 of 12 Posts