Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of springs that will lower the front right at a 1" or less (I believe Tein Dress up do that), and a set of rears that are stock hieght but a better quality. Just curious if there is a better factory height rear, with a little better spring rate. Lots of stereo in the trunk and I can't really afford to lower the car alot, scrap's as it is! I think I am going to get the KYB GR-2's, since the front driver is going out, I believe. Let me know what you guys got! L8R

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surely someone has an answer! I looked at the springs, and it looks like it will be the Eibach Pro-Kit, it only drops 1.1 front and rear, part # 4220.140! Now I just need to find out about the better factory hieght rears!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toschinator said:
Get the eibachs for the front and try some of that spring wrap for the back maybe? That's supposed to stiffen them up.
What is spring wrap and I guess no one makes replacement factory springs that are better! I know that MOOG normally does, but I have not had luck yet with that!

·
Registered
542 Posts
kartunez said:
What is spring wrap and I guess no one makes replacement factory springs that are better! I know that MOOG normally does, but I have not had luck yet with that!
Not 100% sure about the spring wrap, I've just seen it mentioned around here a few times. I'm sure someone here will have some more info.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you talking about the spring inserts, like what nascar uses? If so I found all that already! I would just rather replace them with something better! I might just end up having to do that, look like I am running out of factory replacement! I guess I could put some in my Pro-Kit, just to see if they work!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
youre not going to find any spring with that small of a drop. eibach prokit and espelirs are both the smallest stated drops.... prokit is 1.1 all the way around and the espelirs are 1.3F/1.1R.

the only thing im thinkin of is either you should get coilovers and adjust it to the height you want...

OR

get some koni yellows and replace the stock shocks.... then you can adjust the ride to either stiffer or softer.

OR

get the superstreet coilovers by tein and adjust height and ride comfort

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David Seale said:
youre not going to find any spring with that small of a drop. eibach prokit and espelirs are both the smallest stated drops.... prokit is 1.1 all the way around and the espelirs are 1.3F/1.1R.

the only thing im thinkin of is either you should get coilovers and adjust it to the height you want...

OR

get some koni yellows and replace the stock shocks.... then you can adjust the ride to either stiffer or softer.

OR

get the superstreet coilovers by tein and adjust height and ride comfort
There is also the KSports, they have 36 wasy adjust and can do both hieght and comfort! But, I don't have a grand to drop right now and probably won't for guite awhile. I may just get Pro-Kit for the front, a stock for the rear with inserts, and the KYB GS-2 replacement struts. Not the greatest setup, but better than stock and all for under $500!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts