Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im going to buy a clutch but ever time i see the options, i see sprung and unsprung. plz dont flame but what the hell is the difference between these 2, besides one having springs and one doesnt. is there benefits for each one. i drive my car aggresivly, but i dont race all the time. all i have for engine work is a CAI, but i plan on goin toward the F/I route. also the car is a v6 5 speed

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
You do not want an unsprung hub on a street car thats driven more that to and from races. And it is definately overkill on a daily driven tiburon with minimal modifications. Generally, the engagement is more harsh and you will be needlessly adding stress and shock to your transmission that it doesn't need.

Find out what torque your car is putting out and find a clutch that is rated just above that. Too much clutch will not make a car faster; it will however wear parts out faster. Most stage 1-2 clutches will be plenty to handle 90% of the tiburons on the road.

The link provided sounds like a good clutch and appropriate for how you described your driving habits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts