Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Alpine Stage 1 this weekend, and it runs perfect. But the only thing I'm not happy with is that I had to hack together an intake from my SRI pieces. It's doing the job, but I'm not liking the look of it or the position of the filter. I want an intake that places the filter between the fender and the battery so that it is protected from the radiant heat of the engine and it has an ample source of cold air from the area in front of the left-front wheel.

What intakes are available that will give me this positioning that will fit the Alpine's 30-degree angle of the throttle body? I'm not above taking a hack-saw to an existing CAI or SRI to achive this, but I don't want a true CAI because Houston floods too much.

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
David, I was able to use a CAI on my sniper but it's a little bit different on the way the Alpine has the TB compared to the Sniper, i used a K&N Typhoon CAI hope this helps.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
04_GTV6 said:
David, I was able to use a CAI on my sniper but it's a little bit different on the way the Alpine has the TB compared to the Sniper, i used a K&N Typhoon CAI hope this helps.
Well, the problem is that the Alpine angles the throttle body at about a 30-degrees, so that throws things off quite a bit.

I thought that just hacking the angle off my existing SRI would be able to meet the angle of the throttle body, but that just didn't work for some reason. The geometry is off. I did see the AEM Conversion thread that rsnyderjr2 found (THANKS!), but I really can't see paying $200 for an aluminum tube when I already have 2 high-quality cone filters plus I'm going to have to hack it up anyway. I might just purchase a cheap eBay CAI and hack that one up. At least I won't feel bad about chopping it up or, if I make a mistake, having to throw it away.

It doesn't matter anyway, I've got lots of time to decide what to do. My car is in the body shop being repaired after some chick in an SUV backed into my passenger door. But at lease I got to enjoy 3 days of boost before it went in!

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohyaa69 said:
David not sure if your old SRI is useable or not but if it is and your not gonna use it care to part with it?
Actually, that's what I'm using in my car now... well, a portion of it. I had to use a hacksaw to make it work, and it looks like sh*t, but it's doing the job until I can come up with a better solution.

Sorry.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello,

Do a SEARCH idiot. I did a search in 200 miliseconds and came up with this www.cantfindanything.com. Dont let me see you asking stupid questions on here without doing a search first because I troll this board and look for guys like you that I can make myself look cool by being an @@S.

Thanks T.C.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

Do a SEARCH idiot. I did a search in 200 miliseconds and came up with this www.cantfindanything.com. Dont let me see you asking stupid questions on here without doing a search first because I troll this board and look for guys like you that I can make myself look cool by being an @@S.

Thanks T.C.
I admit it, I didn't search. After spending 2 days under the hood of my car and hacking up my hands and dealing with other installation issues I really didn't give two sh*ts about searching to find out about which intake could fit. I was too tired to bother sorting through threads to figure out which ones had the info I needed. It was easier to post the thread, ask the question, and walk away and let others (who actually had the time to help) help me, like I've helped them when they need help.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

Thanks T.C.
WHOA.... you had a really helpful streak and out of nowhere this completely unneccessary post. If you can help the guy do it, if not there really is no reason to post.

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
Wow... see what you started T.C.?!? I guess every time you make a joke you'll have to add:

DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for humor purposes only. Read at your own risk. Do not read this post while consuming alcohol, antihistamines, pain killers, muscle relaxers, ice cream, pork rinds, or any other edible or non-edible substances. Do not read while exercising, driving, having sex, deficating, or any other action that requires movement. Do not read this post with your eyes closed. Do not read this post if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, thyroid disease, asthma, glaucoma, or difficulty in urination.

Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events, fictional or nonfictional, is unintentional and purely coincidental. The views expressed in this message are not necessarily the views of myself or my company. My company, its directors, officers or employees make no representation or accept any liability for this post's accuracy or completeness, unless expressly stated to the contrary. This post is not intended to be relied upon without subsequent written confirmation of its contents. This company therefore shall not accept any liability of any kind which may arise from any person acting upon the contents of this post without having had written confirmation.

Parental supervision advised. Other restrictions may apply. If something offends you, lighten up, get a life, and move on.

·
Banned
1,154 Posts
weird... can anyone else see my last post? I see it when I click the thread, but it says ohyaa is the last one to post in this thread and it didn't bump. :(

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I C it.......................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts