Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i had a quick question about this turbo kit..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-485hp-Turbo-Kit-/251289103668?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ATiburon&hash=item3a81ff6d34&vxp=mtr
(and i kno its an ebay turbo kit....) i was wounderin if id beable to use some of this kit,, if not all for my turbo setup.. i though about it and since i saw that it was an RD tib i figured i could atleast change the turbo manifold and mabe use the rest even tho it is an 1.8... thanks everyone... not tryin to drive anyone crazy about me lookin at an ebay kit...its alittle lighter on my price range.. im would like to get a full setup, tuner, gauges /w wideband, cluch kit and flywheel for under 5k

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
the kit is universal so you will have to cut and fab pipes, this kit is not "plug and play" The waste gate, bov, turbo and boost adjuster i would buy from a reputable company. the ebay turbos have a poor turbo housing and crack. the bov and waste gate tends to leak on ebay kits and the boost controller will pop under the first turbo surge

Edit, also i would not use that oil filter sandwich plate for the feed line to the turbo. i would also buy reputable parts for that as well. so basically in a nut shell, any part that is very important i would buy name brand. and you wont use the battery relocation kit on an i4 tibby. im not an i4 person but i remember reading somewhere that you will need a alt relocation bracket? read up on that

·
Registered
287 Posts
the kit is universal so you will have to cut and fab pipes, this kit is not "plug and play" The waste gate, bov, turbo and boost adjuster i would buy from a reputable company. the ebay turbos have a poor turbo housing and crack. the bov and waste gate tends to leak on ebay kits and the boost controller will pop under the first turbo surge

Edit, also i would not use that oil filter sandwich plate for the feed line to the turbo. i would also buy reputable parts for that as well. so basically in a nut shell, any part that is very important i would buy name brand. and you wont use the battery relocation kit on an i4 tibby. im not an i4 person but i remember reading somewhere that you will need a alt relocation bracket? read up on that
^^this^^

·
Registered
546 Posts
The only way someone should buy these 'universal' kits is if you know EVERYTHING there is to know about installing a turbo system into your EXACT car.

You WILL have to fabricate tubing and many other pieces in order to make this system work.

The cost and time of all this far outweighs the savings of the ebay kit.

Don't waste your time, unless you want your car to be a rolling shell for at least 9 months.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeah not preferred lol.. any suggestions on a reputable company i can actually buy reliably a full turbo kit.. or most of.. for around 5k.. if i have too i can buy my clutch kit fly wheel, tuner (apexi) ,turbo piping and inter-cooler separate..

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't get me wrong good parts can be sold on Ebay but I wouldn't waste your money on that kit..I saw a evo turbo manifold modified a bit and fit on the I4 motor..you could probably get the turbo and manifold at a decent price

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey everyone i had a quick question about this turbo kit..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-485hp-T...its=Model:Tiburon&hash=item3a81ff6d34&vxp=mtr
(and i kno its an ebay turbo kit....) i was wounderin if id beable to use some of this kit,, if not all for my turbo setup.. i though about it and since i saw that it was an RD tib i figured i could atleast change the turbo manifold and mabe use the rest even tho it is an 1.8... thanks everyone... not tryin to drive anyone crazy about me lookin at an ebay kit...its alittle lighter on my price range.. im would like to get a full setup, tuner, gauges /w wideband, cluch kit and flywheel for under 5k
eBay turbos kick ass! Don't let any punk with a naturally aspirated car who can't afford to buy a $2,500 turbo ( so he don't have one), tell you that an eBay turbo is not cool.

·
Registered
402 Posts
eBay turbos kick ass! Don't let any punk with a naturally aspirated car who can't afford to buy a $2,500 turbo ( so he don't have one), tell you that an eBay turbo is not cool.
Yooo this post is 8 years old nearly a decade old , why did you reply to it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts