Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been searching on here for a while what does ssa stand for and where can i find them at a good price.. looks like its the header of choice for cheap

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
SS Autochrome

You can get them on eBay for cheap. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
05GT said:
SS Autochrome

You can get them on eBay for cheap. That's where I got mine.

Dude, I didn't know you had SSA headers? You got a sound clip with the ARK single with the SSAs installed? Without cat maybe??

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For The Info Gt

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
SuperSaiyan said:
Dude, I didn't know you had SSA headers? You got a sound clip with the ARK single with the SSAs installed? Without cat maybe??

true, id love to hear that too, i have the same ARK single Ti muffler on mine

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
WayTooFast said:
true, id love to hear that too, i have the same ARK single Ti muffler on mine

I don't have mine installed yet.. I waiting to do headers and Assassin all at once.

TATTOO has headers installed on ARK Titanium. Do a search, I'm sure that you'll find his clip.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Header installs... what a bytch!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Oh, also, if you install the SSA, make sure the rear header clears the driveshaft. You want about 1/4" to 1/2" of clearance. Dent it with a hammer if you have to.

I had to remove my rear header, because it expanded after running for a while. Make sure you have that clearance, because it will expand and could rub the driveshaft!

·
Registered
981 Posts
expand? i've had ssa headers on my car since last october , i havent really look at them since i put them on

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
hey guys, I didn't want to make a new thread about SSA headers and since the questions from the original post have been answered, I got some. Can someone tell me all about their headers. I'm trying to make a decision and i am hapy with the SSA exhaust i have now and want to know about the headers. I heard that with the combo of SSA exhaust and headers, its raspy. what can i do to get rid of this and how much?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
speedy said:
hey guys, I didn't want to make a new thread about SSA headers and since the questions from the original post have been answered, I got some. Can someone tell me all about their headers. I'm trying to make a decision and i am hapy with the SSA exhaust i have now and want to know about the headers. I heard that with the combo of SSA exhaust and headers, its raspy. what can i do to get rid of this and how much?
IMHO change you're Exhaust and get a Decent one. just my 02cents. I myself stay away from SSA.

Heres my setup DC Sports Headers, CAI and Single Titanium FTW!! Heres the sound clip.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1553975&postcount=76

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
speedy said:

I have ad SSA's for over a year, and have not had a single issue with them, they are cheap and they perform great, I went with the combination of SSA headers, Mussa angle tip exhaust and punched out cat, and i have no raspy sound what so ever, its nice and deep and quiet, until you stomp the gas, and she comes alive ... with a great sound ....

so yes as far as headers I would go with SSA's again .....

My sound clip .....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7bf133b2-f20b-4e4c-b35e-130477b1d34f.htm

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
speedy said:
Speedy just replace the race cat with a magnaflow cat made all the difference in the world it's got a nice low rumble now and doesnt have that drone at cruise anymore :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Speedy just replace the race cat with a magnaflow cat made all the difference in the world it's got a nice low rumble now and doesnt have that drone at cruise anymore
^^^^That's all she wrote.^^^^
I have both the ssa headers and exhaust,,,,with the addition of the Magnaflow cat it makes the sound sooo much better and no rasp or irritating bee sound.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
ViolentB said:
^^^^That's all she wrote.^^^^
I have both the ssa headers and exhaust,,,,with the addition of the Magnaflow cat it makes the sound sooo much better and no rasp or irritating bee sound.

A punched out cat also gives the same effect as well ....

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Na 3D I thought the same thing but ended up replacing the cat twice because of that.........I work at a shop and we do exhaust too, I tried alot of different tricks, just wasnt as nice sounding as with the guts in the cat

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dc your car sounds badass congrats

·
Registered
201 Posts
i back up the SSA headers and so do most other memebers who have them on here. Just think smebysound is runnin 22+ pounds of boost with his ssa headers. and the foulers hook up to you 02 sensors and help prevent throwing a cell

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
If I get a chance to I'm gonna get rid of my SSA headers and put on some Ceramic coated NGM headers, for juz a lil bit more scavenging

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Injen CAI... DC Sports Headers.... and Borla Catback... i dont ahve a clip up yet but i will soon....

anyone know if sparkplug nonfoulers on the 2 rear O2 sensors will get rid of my CEL....???

i got the DC header from KJB motorsports for $425 shipped.... no cats... they are offroad headers but i live in Louisiana... who cares.... :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts