Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Someone posted before about an exhaust hanging lower on one side. I know it was mentioned what to do to fix it. Have you tried the good ole search button? If the difference isn't much maybe the hook you hang it from can be bent up a bit?

· Registered
1,176 Posts
my left pipe has also been slightly lower than my right pipe, with the stock exhaust and my aftermarket exhaust. i figure it is because the hanger is welded slightly lower. is it very bad, because mine is very minor, prolly not noticeble if i didnt tell anyone.

· Registered
2,193 Posts
Tanelk said:
ok, the middle pipe is rubbing against the fuel box, why
this is the underaxle version that i got
dude you probably have the middle pipe on backwards...it should NOT be rubbing up against the fuel box

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok yea, im stupid, i do have it on backwards, can anybody show me a pic of how it looks underneath with the underaxle version, ima fix it tommorow, ya'll think maybe thats the reason its crooked, cus i have the middle section on backwards

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea i know i know, i just wish i could of saw pics, but anyways, now that i can fix the problem tommorow, holy shet, this exhaust is loud, and when i step on it, yea , ricetastic, i really need to get a magnaflow cat, sooo i suppose this will fix the crooked pipes after i put them the right way

· Registered
4,614 Posts
Tanelk said:
yea i know i know, i just wish i could of saw pics, but anyways, now that i can fix the problem tommorow, holy shet, this exhaust is loud, and when i step on it, yea , ricetastic, i really need to get a magnaflow cat, sooo i suppose this will fix the crooked pipes after i put them the right way

Well, if you really do have it flipped around then it should fix the problem...

and yea... that exhaust is insanely loud with headers.

· Registered
2,524 Posts
Also. Make sure all of your flanges line up and are bolted together evenly and straight. A centimeter here, a centimeter there make a WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE! I went thru this when I put my ARK exhaust on. The resonator was installed upside down (Doh!), the flanges were tightened up crooked, It all caused my exhaust to hang lower on the right and the left side to burn my paint on my rear bumper inside the exhaust outlet hole. If after you do your adjustments and it is still crooked, you can try different hangers...like polyeurathane hangers.

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok i installed it the right way now, but the left side is still hanging lower then the right, should i tie like a metal thing around it to hold it up higher so it will look straight

· Registered
1,731 Posts
they wont be perfect... how far off is it? keep in mind u notice it cause u know its there. Like is it bad, say half inch or more or just a little

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok, i just finish fixing everything, i did a little modification to the left pipe that was hanging low, i got a metal strap and tied it to the exhaust hanger to the car hanger and just tightned it up until it look decent, it looks way better now but u can still notice just a tad that its off, but nuttin real noticeable, so it sounds [email protected]@ if u stay under 3000 rpm, if u go above that, its rice city, just sounds horrible, like a go kart, but just to make sure, when i get a magnaflow cat, this is make it go away, right?

· Registered
2,193 Posts
do you already have headers?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.