Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now... I just hope that they'll fit as nicely as they look....

Yea.. I know I'm in Cali... but I currently have plates in the mail from my home state of MS... so f*ck smog....

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
YOU WILL LOVE them.
the only thing i can suggest is, get them ceramic coated, they will outperform many of the MUCH more expenssive headers out for our application.
Those with your Ti Single will be Bliss, i have a Dual LE Ti, and SAA's i would not trade them for the world..
Chase

·
Registered
514 Posts
So fresh, So clean!

·
Registered
639 Posts
looks good but yeh try to get them powder coated if u can.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Not powder coated, ceramic coated, like from Jet Hot. I think it'll keep 'em from rusting as quickly as mine did. They look like A$$ after about a year or two.

·
Registered
471 Posts
or keep them just like that and watch them turn sweet colors ahh i love them huge difference

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fleishelja said:
yep... youll love em lol. get ready for your car to be SUPAH LOUD!!! definitely make video clips :)
I've ordered a Magnaflow Highflo cat... just in case it's too loud for my liking.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Yeah keep us informed on the fitment and install. I'd prefer to get Hotshots with a CAT but DC's or SSA's would be less expensive.

·
Registered
547 Posts
ShrkByt05 said:
YOU WILL LOVE them.
the only thing i can suggest is, get them ceramic coated, they will outperform many of the MUCH more expenssive headers out for our application.
Those with your Ti Single will be Bliss, i have a Dual LE Ti, and SAA's i would not trade them for the world..
Chase
how does header wrap compare? I know what each one does, I want to know the expiriences

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You'll want the cat trust me. :)
Good luck,,,,and have beer ready for the install,,,you'll need it !

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have an ARK single, but not Ti, let me know how much louder the car is with these. I have money burning a hole in my pocket and these are what I was looking at. They look sweet!

·
Registered
364 Posts
05GT said:
I've ordered a Magnaflow Highflo cat... just in case it's too loud for my liking.
Hey man you will will love the difference the headers make. The rasp these produce is between 3000 and 4000 rpm at 3/4 throttle to WOT. I had just a little fitment problem with mine. I had to shave down the plastic casing on the alternator just a little in order to get the alt. back into the correct position. Not much, just a little so that the alt can swing back up to the bolt hole. This also depends on when you bought you ride. Some of the alts. are different in the casing size some get lucky and have the smaller version. I was not lucky and had to modify it. Dont worry it can be done with a dremmil or a grinding wheel and its about a 30 second fix. If you have any problems with this feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bangalang said:
Hey man you will will love the difference the headers make. The rasp these produce is between 3000 and 4000 rpm at 3/4 throttle to WOT. I had just a little fitment problem with mine. I had to shave down the plastic casing on the alternator just a little in order to get the alt. back into the correct position. Not much, just a little so that the alt can swing back up to the bolt hole. This also depends on when you bought you ride. Some of the alts. are different in the casing size some get lucky and have the smaller version. I was not lucky and had to modify it. Dont worry it can be done with a dremmil or a grinding wheel and its about a 30 second fix. If you have any problems with this feel free to PM me.
Thanks for that heads up... how long did it take to get yours installed?

·
Registered
364 Posts
05GT said:
Thanks for that heads up... how long did it take to get yours installed?
About 4 hours. What took the longest was actually getting everything off. Putting on was the easy part. Its was not hard fishing the new parts into where they need to go. The easiest way to put them in if you dont have a lift woud be to take off the pass. side wheel and wheel well plastic. have fun and drink beer because there will be some knuckle busting.:m_beer:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts