Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had my stage 3 clutchmasters installed, i did not do the slave cylinder mod, almost 2 months later the car was having problems releasing from gear says the dealer so they took it out and put my crappy stocker back in, which they screwed me over with. At a stop when trying to shift into first to start going, it felt that the gear was locked, and that i was forcing it in, so i would throw it in second and then go into first which let me go into first. The dealer automatically blamed my clutch without trying anything else. Now im wondering if it could have been my slave cylinder, or if i did the slave cylinder mod it would have fixed this.
PLZ help my stock slips like a BlTCH

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Why would you let the dealer take ur stg 3 out? I bet you their trying to sell it for $400 right now. Go back their and get it, tell them to put it back in with a new throw out bearing or else your gonna file a lawsuit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O i they gave me the clutch back, its going on a month now so i think its a little late for a lawsuit. I told them i didnt care what was wrong than i wanted my clutch back in they told said fin as long as i never bring the car back again. and being i still have warranty stuff i cant really go any where else.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
lluks_844 said:
O i they gave me the clutch back, its going on a month now so i think its a little late for a lawsuit. I told them i didnt care what was wrong than i wanted my clutch back in they told said fin as long as i never bring the car back again. and being i still have warranty stuff i cant really go any where else.
You don't have any other Hyundai dealers nearby?

·
Registered
59 Posts
lluks_844 said:
any body? my clutch sucks
Hey man, first how many miles you got on your ride?

Second, do the gears grind when you're trying to shift into gear, If not then i'm sorry but as far as i know that doesn't have to do with the clutch.

Sounds like a tranny problem to be honest.

Your slave cylinder acts as a passage way for the pneumatic fluid to push the clutch release lever, which inturn pulls your release bearing and relieves pressure from the pressure plate, allowing the clutch disc to spin freely while you select a different gear. Given that, i'm highly doubtful that your clutch is the cause for your gear selection problem.
The only thing that would go wrong with a slave cylinder on the other hand would be a fluid leak, or another piece breaking, and if its not doing that, the slave cylinder isn't your problem!!!

As for the slippng oh yeah thats a stock clutch problem, by the way do the slave cylinder mod, it will help with the slipping at least a little bit untill you get a new clutch in, then it will prevent new faliure problems.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have 75000, i put maybe 3000 on the stage 3, it was a wierd situation, My tranny was grinding before i put the clutch in. Brought it down to the dealer and was yo this **** is grinding. They were like well its time to change your clutch without even looking at the car. I was like well let me take a mechanic for a ride. With the distance between me leaving the garage and making the turn to almost get out of the dealer he said bring me back. So than i started crunching numbers seeing what i could afford about a clutch(cuz i had faith in the dealer and really wanted the clutch to be bad)
my father told me to tell them that i was buying a clutch until they opened the tranny. After this they told me that they found that some bearings in the tranny went bad and it was covered under warranty. So i was like yea and had them install a new clutch and flywheel. Which was recomended that i should do it now because there were 69000 miles on my stock, seemed fine and only paid 120 to get them put in. Now that i have the stock one back in the car i have been experiencing a little grind sometimes when i bang second, could just be the way im driving it though. no other grinds that i know of

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also they said changing the clutch fixed the problem, but i think they fixed stuff in the tranny as well

·
Registered
59 Posts
lluks_844 said:
also they said changing the clutch fixed the problem, but i think they fixed stuff in the tranny as well
Something is botched in the tranny!!! as far as i'm concerned, take it back and tell them you wouldn't have come back if the problem wasn't directly related to what they fixed. Oh yeah and you can file a lawsuit at anytime. Do alot of complaining, and dont stop either. Get the tranny fixed and while your at it get a new throw out bearing, and put in an after market clutch I just got my spec in and its working great.
Good luck

Any other questions, post em

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i still want to put my stage 3 back in there, ill post a pic of it when i get home, theres like a circular grind mark around the where the springs are held in, and it looks like my throwout bearing is bent, o yeah when they put it in the first time they told me i bought the wrong clutch, and when i said i didnt they took eveyrthing back apart and found that they did something wrong with the throw out bearing which is why it wouldnt engage for them, its a weird situation, and hard to do things cuz i got to college full time

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

On the disk there below the springs it has grind marks
and on the throwout bearing theres a gap on one side but not the other

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man, make the dealer replace what they screwed up, I'm gonna tell you right now one of those guys in the shop there screwed your setup bad. Demand that they replace it with exactly what you've got there.
I'm having a hard time with the pics, they are really blury. See if you can get some cleaner ones on board. One problem i can possibly see is if they improperly seated the throwout bearing but that would cause your car to never disengage the clutch, basically making it impossible to get out of neutral. So once again you need to get someone to fix or replace your tranny, and then get some one who knows what they are doing to replace your clutch setup.

The only reason the dealer told you never to come back is because they knew they screwed up on your car and they don't want to have to pay for the botch up they caused. Any other place would want your business back if they did it the right way. Think about it if I fixed your car and you were happy, you'd come back if you had another problem. And i'd be happy to help you because last time i fixed the car you were happy, so I want you to be happy again. Not to mention, one day, you'll be out of warranty, and i can bill you ever time at that point. Therefore the happier your are the more you come back when its not under warranty, and the more money i make off of you. Pluss if its a warranty issue Hyundai pays the dealer back for parts and labor. But if Hyundai decides that they aren't liable for the screw up the dealer takes the hit on cost.

What do you think??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats exactly right, i dont think ill go as far as a lawsuit but i sure did get on the phone with hyundai while this was going on, they said they were going to compensate me for this.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
damn kid that sucks

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I'll take 'Broken Shift Fork' for 800 Alex!...just cause I'm bitter...lol...nah seriously, these are a problem piece on these rides.

Sounds like transmission problems caused your clutch 'issues', not the other way around. I'm on tranny #3 right now, and it's been rebuilt 2.5 times already... The last one exhibited the same signs as you, and whem I took it apart..taa-daa! Huge chunks of shift fork floating around...one broke in two, one was hangin on for dear life, and the other was cracked. Anyhow, keep us posted of the progress you make. If your clutch is damaged, try to return it to Clutchmasters. They're great to deal with!

-BRR

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alright i will, im taking it to my dads mechanic on thursday, just to see what he says than its getting shipped to CM to see if its defective, well they were supposed to replace everything that was worn, but there shady so idk what was actually done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts