Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just bought a 2005 Tiburon and i have cut the mufflers off and converted it to a single exhaust instead of dual and i just installed a Injen Cold Air intake. Now I would like to add more mods but im having trouble finding parts for the Headers, and i was looking for the brands DC Ark and Hotshot but im having 0 luck. My other question is about the intake manifolds i am only able to find the Stage IV made by NGM but i have heard that without cams and or headers it will make the car run poorly, Is this true? any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
This stuff has been covered ad nauseum, but I'll humor you.

Looks like there's a few options for headers on eBay. Pick up a set, and also one of those cat backs. Toss that chopped stocker off the car because it's not flowing as well as you think. You're only looking at 300 bucks for the whole setup, money well spent. I still have my original SSA catback on my car from 2005.

I don't know that the stage 4 made anyone's car run poorly, but it's not going to do much for you except make your wallet lighter.

The brands you are looking for are no longer made, so your only option is to scrounge for them in the used market. I had trouble finding HotShot headers for my own car already in 2006.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This stuff has been covered ad nauseum, but I'll humor you.

Looks like there's a few options for headers on eBay. Pick up a set, and also one of those cat backs. Toss that chopped stocker off the car because it's not flowing as well as you think. You're only looking at 300 bucks for the whole setup, money well spent. I still have my original SSA catback on my car from 2005.

I don't know that the stage 4 made anyone's car run poorly, but it's not going to do much for you except make your wallet lighter.

The brands you are looking for are no longer made, so your only option is to scrounge for them in the used market. I had trouble finding HotShot headers for my own car already in 2006.
What about OBX Headers? I found some for 300. And so the stage 4 isnt worth getting? I was going to try and get crower to regrind my cam after i get the headers installed and consider the intake manifold

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
The engine will only breathe as well as the next restriction. The stock intake manifold is pretty restrictive due to that part that necks down right after the throttle body. If you can find a Stage 4 NGM manifold the next restriction will be the throttle body size and the lower intake manifold size. Fix those then the next restriction will be exhaust manifolds.
Get some headers, OBX is fine, and your next restriction will be the hacked up stock exhaust system.
Be aware that headers will most likely cause a Check Engine Light on your 05 Tiburon and also check your local emissions laws before doing headers.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
What about OBX Headers? I found some for 300. And so the stage 4 isnt worth getting? I was going to try and get crower to regrind my cam after i get the headers installed and consider the intake manifold
Everything I saw on eBay was 'OBX'...it's all the same design. The cheapest eBay ones looked pretty good for what you're trying to do.

Don't do anything with cams unless you're prepared to get a standalone ECU, and you're looking at about a minimum of 2k there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Who ever said the stage 4 ngm doesnt do much or makes the car run poorly has no idea what theyre talking about. I picked up jusy the stg 4 upper manifold on Ebay for 250 and put it on my car woth just intake and exhausts and the difference is night and day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who ever said the stage 4 ngm doesnt do much or makes the car run poorly has no idea what theyre talking about. I picked up jusy the stg 4 upper manifold on Ebay for 250 and put it on my car woth just intake and exhausts and the difference is night and day.
I doubt you found the Stage IV manifold on eBay lol. We’re gonna need some proof buddy

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
You must be lucky because I’ve been searching for one for months now and no luck
I snagged it around nov or so id say

1 - 12 of 12 Posts