Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at some new mods for my tib. Right now I have a cai/exhaust. Im interested in ngm's stage iv but was reading it doesnt do much for an auto. Id like to know anyones expeirence with these.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I dont know where you heard that it wouldnt do much for an auto. Believe me it is a great mod, manual or auto. Definately think about getting a tuner in the future as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hurdler5280 said:
I dont know where you heard that it wouldnt do much for an auto. Believe me it is a great mod, manual or auto. Definately think about getting a tuner in the future as well.
I read some where on this web site since it makes all its power up top and since the auto has the rev limiter set to 6500 i believe you dont get as much use from it. for the price of the thing I would want it to work you know?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Fuel tuner, upper & lower IM, Big Bore Throttle Body... Headers... Pulleys... Take your pick

EDIT: (added on after i saw your new post)... If you get a remapped ECU (REAL ECU), and/or fuel tuner, I believe it pushes back your rev limiter (7k?)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Eddyuana said:
I read some where on this web site since it makes all its power up top and since the auto has the rev limiter set to 6500 i believe you dont get as much use from it. for the price of the thing I would want it to work you know?
i have stage 4 on my car and its an auto. right now i only have intake. my prob is my stock exhaust is bottlenecking it. but you will definately feel a difference. if you raise your rev limiter to 7k it will pull all the way to it. But the really advantage comes from 4k and up. before the stage 4 my car used to really bog down after 4k but with the stage 4 it pulls all the way to redline now. its a great mod you'll love it.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
It doesnt work the same to get the real ecu or raise the limiter because the TCM will still make the auto shift where its suppose to.

I have a auto with I/stg. 4/e+ mafterburner. When the stg.4 was on without the tune, the car just pulls all he way to redline. With the tune it just felt like it added more low end trq.

My opinion is you should consider headers and tune first, then the stage. 4.

O if your looking for dynos check my link. I made 165wtq and 150w on a loaded dyno with those mods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
It doesnt work the same to get the real ecu or raise the limiter because the TCM will still make the auto shift where its suppose to.

So you're saying that it would still force a shift at 6,500 RPMs while in shiftronic? I wasn't sure if the TCM shifted at rev limiter or at 6,500.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
redline is only like 6800 or somewhere around for a manual.....

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Wenglish said:
So you're saying that it would still force a shift at 6,500 RPMs while in shiftronic? I wasn't sure if the TCM shifted at rev limiter or at 6,500.
It'll shift at 6500 unless someone can figure out how to hack into the tcm.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
yeah we been talking about the autos.
i know but the first post he said "doesnt do much for autos" and the third post says "I read some where on this web site since it makes all its power up top and since the auto has the rev limiter set to 6500 i believe you dont get as much use from it." so i was simply stating that redline is like 6800 anyways so u loose like 300 rpms max so it really doesnt make much diffrence auto or manual except auto probably shift faster

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
05Tib said:
except auto probably shift faster
You mean sooner. This mod would help manuals more if you use that extra 300 rpms just because of the fact the stock plenium doesnt support enough airflow after 6000-6200rpms.

Anyways on my auto it just felt weak top end until I got the stage 4. Then it just has that nice pull all the way to redline. So basically same effect for autos and manuals, just manuals probably can take more advantage of this just because of the higher rev limiter.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
no i meant faster in time between gears but yes it does shift sooner. just curious, when ur auto shifts first to second in WOT does it spin or bark the tires going into second? i know if i shift right at redline first to second i spin and loose a little traction... maybe the shifting 300 rpms earlier helps?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
05Tib said:
no i meant faster in time between gears but yes it does shift sooner. just curious, when ur auto shifts first to second in WOT does it spin or bark the tires going into second? i know if i shift right at redline first to second i spin and loose a little traction... maybe the shifting 300 rpms earlier helps?
Unless your a horrible driver, the auto will shift slower at WOT. My N/A auto doesnt spin or bark and alot f manuals I seen dont either. Minesbetter though did when he had his s/c off. i/h/e and rich tune.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i wish i could get one for my turbo tib...

anyone want to donate or sponsor? lol

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
lostdestiny14 said:
Unless your a horrible driver, the auto will shift slower at WOT. My N/A auto doesnt spin or bark and alot f manuals I seen dont either. Minesbetter though did when he had his s/c off. i/h/e and rich tune.
so the autos dont shift fast? i guess then i retract my previous post. I figured they did (never driven one). but yeah before the stg4 i was still barking, and sometimes spinning depending on the surface, when i shifted first to second. havnt ran WOT off the line with the stg4 but i figure it will be worse now

·
Registered
588 Posts
05Tib said:
so the autos dont shift fast? i guess then i retract my previous post. I figured they did (never driven one). but yeah before the stg4 i was still barking, and sometimes spinning depending on the surface, when i shifted first to second. havnt ran WOT off the line with the stg4 but i figure it will be worse now
no there slower. the only thing ya truely get with the auto is consistency that it will shift every single time at 6500rpms. so it doesnt change gear as fast as a manual but is more consistent and you cant miss a gear. now if i put mine in shiftronic and do the lil get off the gas then shift like you would with a manual it will bark the tires at redline going from 1st to 2nd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts