Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive got a 2006 v6, 5 speed, junk yard motor for 3 years that worked before it stopped starting. Was at Quick Chek and it wouldnt start but was able to push it and dump the clutch to start it. Ever since it wont start unless i push start it. I have power when i turn the key, i hear the fuel pump turn and when i put my foot on the clutch and turn the key the dash shuts off, no noise from the starter, and then when i turn the key back the dash comes back on. Replaced the starter 2 years ago. Brand new battery and brand new neutral safety clutch switch and still wont start. Cleaned all the ground points i could find. 1 for the battery, 1 behind the intake manifold and 1 on each side of the frame. Still wont start. Only thing i havent touched is the starter relay in the fuse box in the engine bay which is next. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So ive got a 2006 v6, 5 speed, junk yard motor for 3 years that worked before it stopped starting. Was at Quick Chek and it wouldnt start but was able to push it and dump the clutch to start it. Ever since it wont start unless i push start it. I have power when i turn the key, i hear the fuel pump turn and when i put my foot on the clutch and turn the key the dash shuts off, no noise from the starter, and then when i turn the key back the dash comes back on. Replaced the starter 2 years ago. Brand new battery and brand new neutral safety clutch switch and still wont start. Cleaned all the ground points i could find. 1 for the battery, 1 behind the intake manifold and 1 on each side of the frame. Still wont start. Only thing i havent touched is the starter relay in the fuse box in the engine bay which is next. Any ideas?
Don't know if you got it fixed yet or not but I was having the same issue not too long ago and took it to my shop. Mechanic had told me I broke off a pin by the clutch pedal that engaged a switch that starts the car when I turn the key. He basically just put a pin by it so when I press the clutch its engaged and my car starts. Wish I could explain it better but thats all I got

·
Administrator
8,847 Posts
Don't know if you got it fixed yet or not but I was having the same issue not too long ago and took it to my shop. Mechanic had told me I broke off a pin by the clutch pedal that engaged a switch that starts the car when I turn the key. He basically just put a pin by it so when I press the clutch its engaged and my car starts. Wish I could explain it better but thats all I got
You sound like the clutch interlock switch pin had an issue. It can be jumpered out, fixing is better...it's on the clutch pedal arm under the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked yesterday. The pin on the back of the pedal engages the neutral safety switch. If i press on the switch with my finger and turn the key i get the same result as if i put my foot on the clutch and turn the key. I already replaced the switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts