Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a CM Stage 2 and Fidanza HY5 installed for my 03 6spd tib (Build Date 04/03). When I start it up, I hear like a grinding/shrieking noise. It sounds like the flywheel and starter hit each other or something. My mechanic said he had the same sound when he did his clutch/flywheel install for his prelude and it went away after a little bit. He says that the Fidanza doesnt mate with the OEM starter so thats why there is noise but will go away. Is this ok? Should there be no startup noises. Do you think the flywheel is not properly torqued? I wonder why it made noises. I had a clutch put on before(centerforce w/fidanza) and heard the same noise, so I took it off immediately and had them put the stocker back on a long time ago because I was afraid of the noise.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...anyone with this problem? the noise has decrease, but it is now accompanied with a little shake or vibration as well. would that mean throwout bearing not installed correctly?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'm installing my Fidanza and stage 4 now. I know on domestics I worked on, you had to shim the starter to get aligned properly with the flywheel. The mechanic should know that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just brought my car home from the shop with a HY5 and A CM stage 2. It makes that little shreek also. Thats how I found this thread. Must be common. I bought both HY3 & HY5 so the shop could check against the stock FW and install the correct one. What year is your Tib? Mine's a 03 with an Aug 30 02 production date.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just brought my car home from the shop with a HY5 and A CM stage 2. It makes that little shreek also. Thats how I found this thread. Must be common. I bought both HY3 & HY5 so the shop could check against the stock FW and install the correct one. What year is your Tib? Mine's a 03 with an Aug 30 02 production date.
Yeh, I thought maybe something was and didnt install the flywheel correctly but it did go away. I sent a pm. My tib is an 03 with a birthday of 04/03/03.

·
Registered
629 Posts
anyone figure out what this is? the car still making that noise?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts