Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my Stg4 today, having a problem though ...

Firstly, the car won't idle. It'll die if I take my foot off the accelerator.
Secondly, there's a whine coming from the engine compartment.

I'm guessing that there is a vacuum leak ... I covered one of the barb holes on the bottom with RTV silicon, I'm guessing this is the culprit? If so, what size barb do I need to put in there to put a cap on the end of?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have to drive 4 hours tomorrow night, and would rather not have to put the stocker back on =\

·
Banned
642 Posts
DID you install that little sensor on the back of it ? I cant remember the name of it. Also you will have some whine from the air coming through the filter.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jordan23ryan said:
DID you install that little sensor on the back of it ? I cant remember the name of it. Also you will have some whine from the air coming through the filter.
Yes, I did put the IAT in.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak, you may need a new gasket if that hole wasnt the problem. You can get those plugs at autozone. There was a 20 pack with different sizes for 2 bucks.

Lastly jordan your talking about the IAT sensor. You should just get a cel if it wasnt hooked up or working.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
check all your gaskets, that definitely sounds like a vacuum leak! I had the same problem once when I changed my spark plugs.

Just remove the manifold, and reinstall it making sure that everything is air tight; it should do the trick. Also, be sure and check your gaskets, get new ones if any of them look like air could escape.

·
Registered
355 Posts
spray some break parts clearner/ carb cleaner around to check for vacume leaks. If there is one the rpm will change.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just went to autozone and picked up 3/8" and 5/16" brass fittings ... they didn't have just the regular caps, but i've got some rubber vacuum caps.

·
Registered
345 Posts

oh crap he accadently sent out the sniper instead...thats your problem right there...lol

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mental Taste said:

oh crap he accadently sent out the sniper instead...thats your problem right there...lol
Haha, I wish dude.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fixed it. Ended up being the bracked that goes on the outside of the throttle body ... I'd put it in between the throttle body and intake manifold. Ooops. Tried to die a few times at initial startup, but I didn't have to give it any gas, seems to be running just fine now.
Now I just need to get my SSA headers on, and then find the money for a mafterburner ... both of which will have to wait.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
earlmred said:
Fixed it. Ended up being the bracked that goes on the outside of the throttle body ... I'd put it in between the throttle body and intake manifold. Ooops. Tried to die a few times at initial startup, but I didn't have to give it any gas, seems to be running just fine now.
Now I just need to get my SSA headers on, and then find the money for a mafterburner ... both of which will have to wait.
lol, I tried to tell you. Truth be told, I did the same exact thing with the bracket, when I changed my spark plugs, ha ha.

·
Registered
494 Posts
earlmred said:

haha, that was in a tech thread not too long ago. seems a lot of people are making this mistake. I've done it a few times too, yet I never remember. haha

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello,

What a bunch of DUMB HINEYS!!! LOL

Thats OK, I once had a customer that couldnt figure out his vacuum leak. He put the bracket on first, then the gasket, then the throttle body. LOL

Thanks T.C.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

What a bunch of DUMB HINEYS!!! LOL

Thats OK, I once had a customer that couldnt figure out his vacuum leak. He put the bracket on first, then the gasket, then the throttle body. LOL

Thanks T.C.
HAHA...............

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, yeah, well, when it's 30 degrees outside and you've been messing with it for a few hours, for some reason it seems like the bracket /should/ go there =P

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
earlmred said:

Haha, when I read the 1st post I knew exactly where the problem was.lol. My buddy Herb(herbtea) did the exact thing.lol.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
*head hanging low* yup I was feeling like a complete DUH lol, but it my defense I was very tired and feeling sick. Yeah that's it and the garage was kinda dark and the phone kept ringing and Guambomb kept sticking his video cam in my face and my hemroids were flaring up.

·
Registered
939 Posts
earlmred said:
*sigh*

I did the same thing when I installed my BBTB.

:3_frusty:

Still, the STG 4 is amazing and I hope to get one someday. TC hasn't seen any of my money since I ordered the MAFterburner all those months ago...

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
<-------making note to self <do not put braket in wrong place,or I will be a dumb hiney>. Now if I can juz install the motor correctly :3_lijstje

1 - 20 of 20 Posts