Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, anyone out there still? So I did the sunroof drain fix years ago only after my speakers started crackling on the left side(I think it’s just the big lower speaker). It doesn’t do it all the time and it goes away when I crank the music up (speakers not blown). I’m tired of it though and I’d like to fix it without replacing the amp if I can.

I suspect it’s the amp because that’s where the water was going. Maybe it’s just some corroded wiring that I can patch solder repair? Idk but I am going to dig in there and see if I can find anything in a day or two.

Has anyone had water damage to their amp and wiring and fixed it? Is there a way to repair the amp without replacing if there’s any water damage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, anyone out there still? So I did the sunroof drain fix years ago only after my speakers started crackling on the left side(I think it’s just the big lower speaker). It doesn’t do it all the time and it goes away when I crank the music up (speakers not blown). I’m tired of it though and I’d like to fix it without replacing the amp if I can.

I suspect it’s the amp because that’s where the water was going. Maybe it’s just some corroded wiring that I can patch solder repair? Idk but I am going to dig in there and see if I can find anything in a day or two.

Has anyone had water damage to their amp and wiring and fixed it? Is there a way to repair the amp without replacing if there’s any water damage? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
My entire audio system stopped working one time and all I would hear was static. I tried replacing my radio head unit and it didn’t fix it. I realized it was my amp because it had gotten wet. So yes, I have had water damage to my amp and replacing my amp fixed it. It’s not to hard to replace you can find one on eBay for 50-60$ that’s what I did. Just have to pull the plastic off on the drivers side in the back seat. If you need more help doing the replacement let me know. If that’s what you plan to try and replace.

·
Registered
2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My entire audio system stopped working one time and all I would hear was static. I tried replacing my radio head unit and it didn’t fix it. I realized it was my amp because it had gotten wet. So yes, I have had water damage to my amp and replacing my amp fixed it. It’s not to hard to replace you can find one on eBay for 50-60$ that’s what I did. Just have to pull the plastic off on the drivers side in the back seat. If you need more help doing the replacement let me know. If that’s what you plan to try and replace.
Nice. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I have been in there before so I know how to replace it. Just wanted to hear anyone with similar experience. I will probably look for a “new” one then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts