Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum here. I have a 2006 Tiburon SE i-4 I have had it about a year now and I want to start modding it up. Started with some black/chrome 18" rims, custom fibreglass box in the back for a single 10" sub, Front/rear strut braces courtesy of shark racing, short ram air intake, which is great, but I want some mufflers for the back. I don't want to be heard from blocks away, so I think just replacing the stock mufflers in the back should satisfy what I want.

I need to know the stock piping size, at the muffler input and the muffler length including tip,so I don't have to do much modification to get them to fit. Thanks for the quick responses guys.

· Registered
4,788 Posts
Im going to say this as nicely as possible.... use the search feature.

You will find reviews of a bunch of exhausts. Ark, ssautochrom, ebay greddy knockoffs, K&N etc.
From what I've read it seems that ssautochrome and the greddy style are the best for the money

· Banned
254 Posts
And I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

You are a ricer.

You've done appearance mods only and yet you put strut braces in. The sri helps with the ricer image too.

Here's a hint if you wanna ditch the ricer image and become a car guy. Get a full exhaust, or at least a catback, instead of just the mufflers.

· Registered
938 Posts
tiburon8807 said:
06 SE i-4 <<< sure about that
I was gonna say the same thing. I would look at getting a SSA exhaust...like it was said before, best bang for the buck...its either that or borla for me next year. Search button is always good also.

· Banned
3,233 Posts
Jds121 said:
And I'm going to say this as nicely as I can.

You are a ricer.

You've done appearance mods only and yet you put strut braces in. The sri helps with the ricer image too.

Here's a hint if you wanna ditch the ricer image and become a car guy. Get a full exhaust, or at least a catback, instead of just the mufflers.
way to help the noob.. instead your a as*hole and you bash him and what HE wants and has done to his car.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks... the bunch of you guys out there who sit there and have nothing better to do with your time but bash the people who make legitimate posts make me just not waste my time with a good site like this.

On another note - I am not particularly concerned with adding extra HP, although it never hurts. Just looking for a slightly more agressive muffler. I plan on leaving everything stock in terms of appearance, aside from the wheels. No point here in Surrey...the car theft capital of North America. LOL

· Registered
1,648 Posts
well, the diameter of the piping is 2.25 inches; correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, for a just a few hundred dollars more you could get a full catback; see some gains and get some real growl.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem with going full cat-back is I just hate the drone of the exhaust when driving long distances (road trips). I am on the highway quite a bit. Maybe I will look into a cat back system, but I also heard of some aftermarket mufflers that have a silencer that you can put in when you don't want to listen to that drone of the mufflers...

· Registered
1,648 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a catback system that didn't include silencers. Even the affordable SSA system has a silencers. I can't speak for the SSA guys, but ever since I installed my s/c, I installed my silencers just to keep a low profile, and they do the trick nicely.

· Registered
151 Posts
jadeddreams said:
Thanks... the bunch of you guys out there who sit there and have nothing better to do with your time but bash the people who make legitimate posts make me just not waste my time with a good site like this.

On another note - I am not particularly concerned with adding extra HP, although it never hurts. Just looking for a slightly more agressive muffler. I plan on leaving everything stock in terms of appearance, aside from the wheels. No point here in Surrey...the car theft capital of North America. LOL
lol

u live in surrey?

I live in Coquitlam, we should have a vancouver NT meet, so boring here
anywayz, get a full exhaust.
if u get just the muffler u will regret it after a year or so
exhaust helps the performance wise and it sounds a LOT better
it doesnt have to be loud like a *****

· Registered
201 Posts
I have the I4 as well, looking lately at the catback setup as I don't feel like arguing at the dealer about the headers causing a problem when I go in for service. I found a few setups around the 300 bill range and looking at the ARK setup for 599 that I found. Not sure which way I'm going yet. I have no clue on the headers, I checked a few out and decided to just skip that for now -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.