Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How much will it cost to go from stock to Sniper? I could have PMed TC but I want everyones opinions..and I also have a few other questions..
Thanks and this is what I have so far....
1. Sniper $2,700
2.Clutchmasters STG3 and Fidanza LW flywheel $1064.99
3.headers... 500$
4.Limited Slip Differential SFR LSD $299.00
5.Exhaust Injen SES $745.29
6. Install Installation is probably going to run me 2,000$
TOTAL....$7315.00....wow

Tell me what you think I value your opinions!

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
TuffStuff said:
How much will it cost to go from stock to Sniper? I could have PMed TC but I want everyones opinions..and I also have a few other questions..
1. Sniper $2,700
2.Clutchmasters STG3 and Fidanza LW flywheel $1,500?(estimate)
3.headers... I want to get hotshots but I guess they stopped making them?What would be a good alternative?
4.Limited Slip Differential What is the best lsd?
5.Exhaust I think Im going with Injen or Ark

For atarters if yhou are going to get a clutch get the CM stage 4 unsprung with the fidanza. That package should only run you about 1K if you shop around. I went with the speedfreak LSD, it is the same as the phantom grip. Either can be had for @ 300. You might as well go with TC's headers, they are bigger than the HS headers and readily available. I also have the injen SES exhaust and love it, but either way you go you will be happy.

I would install everything myself except for the clutch/flywheel/lsd, and you might as well have the shop install the headers too since they got to pull the motor to d othe clutch.

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Ultrarev.com sells the Stage 3 Clutchmasters Clutch and the Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel (if you use the "sale" coupon code) is $885 shipped, about $200 cheaper than TC's quoted price for the exact same product.

You don't need a Stage 4 unless you're going to be over 300 WHP or you're going to be racing. For a daily driver, Stage 3 is more than enough, plus it will give you a smooth engagement.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
you won't NEED a clutch. I have an 03, and my clutch is holding up the sniper quite nicely. You don't NEED all that stuff, but it sure would be nice to have them. If you are trying to build a list of extra things you need with the kit, the answer would be nothing. But, all that you list would be great additions to the sniper.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
TuffStuff said:
1. Sniper $2,700
2.Clutchmasters STG3 and Fidanza LW flywheel $1064.99
3.headers... 500$
4.Limited Slip Differential SFR LSD $299.00
5.Exhaust Injen SES $745.29
TOTAL....$7315.00....wow

stage 3 is deff enough and u dont need a clutch but yeah get one haha. add like 500 to the cost of ur clutch for install add like 250 to install the headers then have them do the lsd all at once prolly run u alil more for install. the exhaust u can stall urself its easy. the supercharger u can do urself too prolly what about an intake your going to leave your stock one on? i hope not. so add another 230 for an cai. ohh yeah better get a safcII and tune this cuz yeah if not its not really good for ur car. so add another like 600 there

·
Banned
312 Posts
You will need a clutch, you do not need the LSD though, at all.

Like its just been mentioned, you need tuning devices, and dyno time.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
TuffStuff said:
if everyone else is running their sniper untuned why does mine have to be tuned?
yea I forgot the Intake Injen or AEM will probly be what I will get
Yeah, I'm untuned, and although I'm sure a good tune would be good. My engine runs better than ever with the sniper on.

I got an Injen SRI from the member on here r100s, the SRI doesn't go out of the engine bay, but relocates the filter, to the whole that a normal CAI would enter. So you get the protection of SRI and the cool air of a CAI, for only 155 shipped. Just a thought.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
TuffStuff said:
TOTAL....$7315.00....wow

LOL....got to pay to play. Thats only the begining. You got to add in gauges and might as well upgrade to the icebox and pullies cause you have the supporting mods to hold the boost. Deffinitely put in an LSD if you plan to race. Plus it doesn't cost much more to add one when you already have the motor out to instal the clutch. Whoever said you don't need one is an idiot. Just get one.

The best thing to do is one thing at a time. How much $ are we working with here?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
zeenon53 said:
Plus it doesn't cost much more to add one when you already have the motor out to instal the clutch. Whoever said you don't need one is an idiot. Just get one.
I just said he didn't need a clutch; and he doesn't. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get one, especially since he is going to be drag racing practically every day.

·
Registered
898 Posts
GTea said:
You will need a clutch, you do not need the LSD though, at all.

Like its just been mentioned, you need tuning devices, and dyno time.
Don't need an LSD??? Are you stupid? It helps get the power to the ground....It reduces wheelspin. Get the lsd

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
openthewell said:
I just said he didn't need a clutch; and he doesn't. That doesn't mean he shouldn't get one, especially since he is going to be drag racing practically every day.
I was reffering to the person that said he won't need a LSD. But either way the stock clutch won't last long at 250whp with the mods he wants, especially if he is drag racing everyday. He doesn't need a sniper either though, does he.... :3_usehead

reading>u

·
Banned
312 Posts
DarkSouledSRT said:
Don't need an LSD??? Are you stupid? It helps get the power to the ground....It reduces wheelspin. Get the lsd
No, I'm not stupid thanks. But there are plenty of people who are able to put down much more power without one. He needs to learn how to drive his car, then he can get an LSD to squeeze a bit more out of it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts