Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have just recently walked into the tiburon world with a 2003 Tiburon GT. I am absolutely lovin it. She has her querks tho. I have found ALOT of answers from you guys so I am glad I found this site...

So, as for this, I have noticed that the stock sub sounds about blown. So I did some research and I see that the sub draws back instead of forward on the kicks. So I saw the new wiring set up for that. I will try that.

If all else fails, I want to replace the sub with another 8" in the same box... Does anyone know how to get the old sub out?? The enclosure is one thing, and I have that out. Now for the sub... And if it comes down to "Man, just take the bolt out of the back and rip that **** out", then I will. But.. I just wanted to make sure there isn't and easier way.

Also, The specs.... I am seeing that most of you are saying around 100 watts at 2 ohms? Is this true?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
If the woofer is bad then don't bother putting a 8" back in there. Instead cut it open to fit in a 10" sub and get a seperate amp. You may need a spacer, but it depends on the woofer. I needed to use a spacer, but you really cant tell.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the woofer is bad then don't bother putting a 8" back in there. Instead cut it open to fit in a 10" sub and get a seperate amp. You may need a spacer, but it depends on the woofer. I needed to use a spacer, but you really cant tell.
That's what I was thinkin but I am just lookin for the stock sound for a cheaper price and less work... A little cheap, I know, but its all I need. So is it a 2 ohm, 100 watt system?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And another possibly dumb question... if a sub has dual 2 ohm voice coils it is still 2 ohms overall correct. And now that I think about it, that was retarded because I do not know of an amp that runs 1 ohm of impedance...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts