Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 42,000 miles and 42 months, the stock battery seems to be dying. I went over to the dealer and bought a new one. The new Tib battery is rated 700CCA / RC130.

The battery that came with the car is rated 600CCA / RC110.

700CCA is a pretty beefy battery, isn't it?

And it seems Hyundai is now selling bigger and better stock batteries...

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
You have more patience. I didn't give Hyundai a second chance for something so basic. :)

My Hyundai is now powered by Ford. :) I have a Motorcraft battery.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
i gotta give them credit, the one thing i have never had to worry about is my battery, i got the battery replaced to and it's sweet.

·
Banned
173 Posts
I Think The Stock 2.0 Comes With A 500cca Rating They Just Gave You The 700 Cca To Be Sure Your Satisfied. Weve Had 700 Cca For A While Now At Least A Couple Years

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
ya not to sure about how long they've been out, just know it works :3_nosthum

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
bluegtv6 has a stock battery thats been on his car since he bought it , and it still works fine , even with his sub pumping . i dont know why everyones battery is dieing ( hes got a really really early 03 tib with the supposed crappy clutch too ..........that still grabs at a 14.5 quarter mile ) damn battery is 4 years old . five if its been in the car since it was built .

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I had to get mine replaced almost exactly a year ago and it started crapping out last Monday. I had the interior lights on for seriously maybe 5 minutes and then it had trouble starting until Thursday at which point it required a jump everytime I needed to start it. I dropped it off at the dealership this morning and I'm still waiting to hear from them...so IMO the Hyundai batteries are crap

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Like Karma said I don't know whats up with people killing batteries. I mean my car sits for long periods of time too which is really hard on a battery. In April my car will be five years old, it was built on 11/26/01 so technically it will be five years old very soon and I'm still on the stock battery.The car still cranks right up like new every time.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I'm satisfiedwith getting 42,000 miles and 3 1/2 years out of the stocker... that's been about normal battery life in my experience. Either way I'm glad the new one is in because by the end of the week we are looking at a high of 30 degrees and a low of 20. Winter has arrived.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
My stock battery worked great for over 3 years(was still working great when I replaced it), now I have a tiny little oddyessy 680 (15lbs)

My stocker even lasted through 2 years with an underdrive pulley with zero probs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
MrPhotoman said:
My stock battery worked great for over 3 years(was still working great when I replaced it), now I have a tiny little oddyessy 680 (15lbs)

My stocker even lasted through 2 years with an underdrive pulley with zero probs.
15lbs! I like that. Might have to get one for the track. The Hyundai battery was really heavy.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yo, that Odyssey 680 is a motorcycle battery? Ha. But if it works, it works :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
you guys are lucky you have had good batteries. I have had mine replaced twice so far and getting ready to have to replace it again.

After you fix the same thing 3 times doesnt it qualify under the lemon law? Would a battery be in this category cuz i would love to get my 18,000 back from hyundai. They do pay out I had a friend already get paid for his old accent. He had to replace the transmission 3 dif times!

·
Registered
962 Posts
My ex-girlfriend would kill may battery weekly from not remembering to start the car when she was waiting for me and after 5-10 minutes the car wouldn't start. So I got an optima and ditched the girl.

·
Still lurks on occasion
6,300 Posts
riggs1088 said:
My ex-girlfriend would kill may battery weekly from not remembering to start the car when she was waiting for me and after 5-10 minutes the car wouldn't start. So I got an optima and ditched the girl.

ROTFL......"got an optima and ditched the girl"

Classic, and Optima Red Top Battery FTW.

·
Registered
610 Posts
33k miles and mine went the other day.

I just bought my replacement from Advance Auto... I dont really have any equipment that would drain it faster than normal. And it has a 3 year warranty.

Much better now though =) starts quicker... was beginning to be a pain, sometimes had to be jumped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts