Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Tiburon GT / Auto trans
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at a few different brands, kind of leaning towards DC Sports, are those a good and reliable brand? This is something that i definitely want open and honest opinions on, because this car is going to be my 2 yr project car, because after the 2 yrs is up im handing my tibi over to my son when he turns 16 and gets his license,

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have ARK on mine atm. I like the aesthetics. It functions fine.

I also have one from shark racing which is a copy of another brand i believe, but I actually like the way its built better. extremely solid. I MAY swap it out when i get into my supercharger build. I havent decided yet. Im using Luxon bracing in the center and their 3 point brace in the rear. Car is SOLID.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, yeah i seen some somewhere online for the rear 3 point brace lol i dismissed that one because in all honesty it looked like a class 3 tow hitch from the picture lol i wasnt planning on towing anything with my tibi lol

·
Registered
244 Posts

Not my car ^

It was a bit of a pain to install, but worth it. Because the Tib is a hatchback, there is a LOT of flex in the body. Way more than a vehicle with a rear deck lid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh thats how it installs, was racking my brain on it lol kinda sucks having to alter the interior like that though.....can i have your sub, mine is blown out 😂

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh wait thats not your car lol i wonder if theyll let me have their sub lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Oh thats how it installs, was racking my brain on it lol kinda sucks having to alter the interior like that though.....can i have your sub, mine is blown out 😂
Every one of those subs is blown by now due to age. I am however in the process of machining a new plate and ring to mount a JL Audio 8" in the factory housing. If you are interested, ill document the process.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah ive been thinking about doing that too, have a couple ideas, i think the biggest problem is getting into the sub housing

·
Registered
244 Posts
nah its not that hard. There is a screw in the center in the back for the sub, pry off the guard in the front (its glued on) and unscrew the bolts holding the sub in. I dont remember if i needed to take off all the hardware or not first. I dont think i did.

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
I have the DC sports CS-2 on the rear on my car. I installed it at the same time as my coilovers so obviously the chassis was a night and day difference at this time and so I can't for sure say how effective the rear bar is. On the front I had the RRM, which is a solid one-piece design, and I believe the DC front is as well. IMO a solid one-piece strut bar is probably the most effective. I also happen to be selling my RRM as of today, I'll post it soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts