Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:3_frusty: can someone please tell me wich the best strut tower bars are i am going to be putting them on my car of rmy next mod but i am having trouble there is way to much to choose from i want the best and the strongest i dont care about the price ...

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
SONIC33 said:
:3_frusty: can someone please tell me wich the best strut tower bars are i am going to be putting them on my car of rmy next mod but i am having trouble there is way to much to choose from i want the best and the strongest i dont care about the price ...
Best and strongest seems to be the RRM ones. (roadracemotorsports.com)

they are also a site sponsor, they ship hella-fast and they are well priced. They have 2 different front bars, one for a supercharger and one standard one. Keep in mind if you plan on getting a supercharger, choose the appropriate bar.

PS: The NGM assasin supercharger wont fit with the supercharger bar, but alpines SC's will.

-J

·
Registered
349 Posts
I got ARK struts for really cheap.. I like the looks and the performance is fine

·
Former Staff
3,336 Posts
Spitzer said:
Best and strongest seems to be the RRM ones. (roadracemotorsports.com)

they are also a site sponsor, they ship hella-fast and they are well priced. They have 2 different front bars, one for a supercharger and one standard one. Keep in mind if you plan on getting a supercharger, choose the appropriate bar.

PS: The NGM assasin supercharger wont fit with the supercharger bar, but alpines SC's will.

-J
:3_withstu

I had the RRM one until I got my S/C (I'm going to get another one after Xmas) an it was unbelievable how much it stiffened up the front strut towers. I could hear the creaking of my body flexing when I'd go up a curb before, and after putting on the RRM... nothing. Not a single creak.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have DC Sports front and rear and love them. A lot of people run the RRM, so you can't go wrong. I believe the DC will work with the NGM, or is that wrong!

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
:3_withstu

I had the RRM one until I got my S/C (I'm going to get another one after Xmas) an it was unbelievable how much it stiffened up the front strut towers. I could hear the creaking of my body flexing when I'd go up a curb before, and after putting on the RRM... nothing. Not a single creak.
U callin me stupid d00d? U just agreed with me.....so.... :3_withstu

haha.

-J

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have the DC Sports Rear and the DC SC bar in the front. The DC sc front bar unlike the RRM is a 6 bolt mount, and they are both made of carbon steel. Fits the 03 great and doesn't interfere with my hood, cruise, or supercharger.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
aLiEn_sPoReZ said:
You moved from Dundas... to Hamilton... I think that speaks for itself :m_stickpo

LOL!!!
Hey shut up! Its not my fault a crappy APT in Fundas is like $650+ / month with no vacancies.

At least there are vacancies in Ontario's armpit. (aka Hamilton). :3_offtopi

Back on topic, like AlienSporez said, they stiffen it up a bunch.. :3_zoefzoe

·
Registered
744 Posts
well i definitely think RRM has the strongest strut bar out there. If your going to get one... and dont care about how it looks.. go with that one. Now heres my question to yall. Whenever that 3-point strut bar is released. Probably late next year. Will that be better than the RRM one?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
imatharu29 said:
well i definitely think RRM has the strongest strut bar out there. If your going to get one... and dont care about how it looks.. go with that one. Now heres my question to yall. Whenever that 3-point strut bar is released. Probably late next year. Will that be better than the RRM one?
If it is a 3-point and released by RRm then I would assume they would make it better. The only benefit I can see a 3-point having is less stress on each of the 3 bolts rather than just 1 bolt. Then again, bars with joints (like the greddy tubular one with blue ends) the hinge/joint would allow some flex and could be a weak point.

I prefer one rigid piece. The straighter across, the better, IMHO

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've had the DC Sports FSB and Shark Racing FSB and could not feel the DC bar working. I felt the SR bar but it rubbed under the hood. Now I have the Greddy and love the looks and the feel. I also like the looks of the ARK and the Mussa. I have a write-up of the Greddy...just search for it if you are interested.

This is gonna be one of those threads where everyone is gonna say theirs is best. The RRM is a 1 bolt per side design and I've heard it works well and is very strong. Don't know cuz I never had one. I personally would prefer the 2-3 bolt per side design. You must also take into consideration the Cruise Control module and whether or not the bar you get will interfere with its location.

Then again, if you are gonna go S/C then your choices are pretty limited. Good Luck with your decision. Hopefully, you will not go through 3 or more like most of us here have done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am not going s/c i am going turbo if that helps i seen a carbon fiber bar somewhere but i forget where.

so as of now RRM seems to be the best choice for quality and stiffness?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Me thinks the bar you are speaking of (carbon fiber) was on KSPEC or SeoulFulRacing (not sure on spelling there).

If you do get the RRM, let me know the before and after differences. Pick an interstate ramp and go up or down as fast as you can within your comfort and safety level and tell us the best mph you can get. Before the RRM and after the RRM.

Just curious.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i have the RRM and i like it. sits right infront of firewall and doest mess with cruise control any. Others have had complaints of it rubbing the firewall and messing with the cruise control. People also have complained of DC header fitment issues and SSA exhaust fitment issues but then plenty have had installs go no problems... Every part manufacture out there has some defects with every product so some1 will always say "my #### strut bar didnt fit" and 10 say it did. I like RRM because its one single piece. The more joints u have the more places there are for the bar to flex. And when we are talking about a car that weighs around 3000 lbs there is some serious weight load being put on it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've had my Mussa front and rears for about a year now. It made a very dramatic difference with them. Bang for the buck (and looks), the Mussa is a nice choice. But from most of the feedback I've read, the RRM is the stiffest.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I love my RRM front and rear bars... there is this backroad that goes into a long downhill turn that i always take just for a rush... before the bars, my car felt like it was going to slide completely at around 45 - 50mph.. now i have the strut bars, i can take them at around 60 - 65mph without the car feeling like it's going to tip over or slide out... i could probably push it more, but i don't want to risk it... freeway on ramps are always fun for testing =]

i'm waiting for january to come around to buy my rrm rear sway bar

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
byron said:
I love my RRM front and rear bars... there is this backroad that goes into a long downhill turn that i always take just for a rush... before the bars, my car felt like it was going to slide completely at around 45 - 50mph.. now i have the strut bars, i can take them at around 60 - 65mph without the car feeling like it's going to tip over or slide out... i could probably push it more, but i don't want to risk it... freeway on ramps are always fun for testing =]

i'm waiting for january to come around to buy my rrm rear sway bar

I like hearing the before and after for strut bars. I thought it was all hype until I installed one and actually felt the difference. I have a RRM rear bar that I haven't installed yet. (lazy for the most part). and I cannot wait to see what kind of difference it makes.

Lest we forget that good tires and NOT wore out tires are a must have for true strut bar test.

·
Registered
468 Posts
SuperSaiyan said:
This is gonna be one of those threads where everyone is gonna say theirs is best.
I should hope not.

It's quite simple.

STEEL > aluminum

Sure, the ARK bar is shiney, but you can bend it with your foot. A 2800lb car can bend it much more effectively.

The only logical choice is RRM. Period.

(P.S. Isn't this well discussed in other threads?)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts