Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving my car today I got a horrible, terrible rattling noise comming from my front wheel. It sounded like something was loose or dragging on the ground and the whole car was gonna fall apart. It was so bad that I stopped and looked at everything and didn't see a problem. I made sure all my lugs were tight and the noise still continued.

I took the car to NTB since the dealer was closed and I wanted to know if my car was about to fall apart. They said the right front strut mount is most likely done for and to take it to the dealer.

Anyway, I can't get the car to the evil dealer until Monday as they only have two mechanics working on Saturday and will not accept cars without an appointment, which is another story alltogether.

So, can I drive the car around casually with a broken strut mount and a horrible rattle for a couple days or is this like spitting in the Grim Reaper's face and telling him I slept with his mother?

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
I wouldn't drive it unless you HAD to. You are only doing more damage.

+1

And I dont believe there is really a cheap fix either....

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
unless he has the uber warranty

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20k miles, suspension is totally stock with stock wheels and currently an intake is the only performance mod.

I assume that this will be covered under warrenty if I let it sit at the dealer until they decide to fix it.

Is it safe to take it to a chain like Monroe and have them replace the mount or are their mounts incompatible with our struts? I don't really care about the cost if it's a good part and I can get the car back ASAP. Gut feeling says it's a bad idea though.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the problem seems to be resolved, knock on wood, as the mount was not broken but somehow the strut worked itself loose. I'm going to keep a very close eye on it though.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
20k miles with no mods to blame suspension issues on... i would take it to the dealer for a look atleast

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
this happen to my elantra when i had it lowered with S/T.. it would tightin it and it would go away only to come back a week later.. i replaced the strut mount and it didnt solve it.. i had to replace the whole strut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts