Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Re: DIY: Strut & Spring Install

Went to go do this today and everything was going good until I went to go disconnect the arm that attaches to the front sway bar. The nut on the inside was just spinning instead of loosening. Any advice?

Went to go do this today and everything was going good until I went to go disconnect the arm that attaches to the front sway bar. The nut on the inside was just spinning instead of loosening. Any advice?
Put a 14mm wrench on the other side of the sway bar (right at the end of the rubber boot on the end link (the arm you're talking about)). It looks like it's just round at first glance, but it is squared off so a wrench can hold it still while the outside nut is being removed. It's just a little fiddly, but keep at it and be careful not to strip it. You'll get it.

Put a 14mm wrench on the other side of the sway bar (right at the end of the rubber boot on the end link (the arm you're talking about)). It looks like it's just round at first glance, but it is squared off so a wrench can hold it still while the outside nut is being removed. It's just a little fiddly, but keep at it and be careful not to strip it. You'll get it.
Thank you so much :thumbup: I'll try it later and see how it goes.

My contribution to the thread : When installing the front struts make sure you align the 'tooth' of the strut cap with the non threaded portion of the strut otherwise the strut thread will gradually damage the tooth of the strut cap.

Sounds like something obvious but there is more thread for the front struts and its easily possible to miss.

-whistles, pretends he didn't do any such thing yesterday, wanders off-

My contribution to the thread : When installing the front struts make sure you align the 'tooth' of the strut cap with the non threaded portion of the strut otherwise the strut thread will gradually damage the tooth of the strut cap.

Sounds like something obvious but there is more thread for the front struts and its easily possible to miss.

-whistles, pretends he didn't do any such thing yesterday, wanders off-
To add to that, Don't let your seatbelts go loose when installing the rears. They won't come back and then you have to take them off and flatten them and all that fun stuff. Trust me I learned this the hard way.

Sorry for bumping this, but I'm planning on doing this soon and it looks like the pictures are no longer showing up for the diy. Does anybody by any chance have the photos saved or does anyone know a way to view them again? I know it's probably not very likely but I figured I'd ask. Thanks.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.