Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of doing it tonight...:3_got-hoo I'd appreciate any thoughts on how long it takes.. I just don't want to be up at 1am still doing it..:3_usehead

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
took me about 30 mins on my 6 speed... Give yourself an hour to be careful. Sounds alot harder than it is. It only goes in there a certain way so you cant really install it wrong. If you get stuck ask some questions.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done.. Shifter boot is WAY too big though.. Gotta take it off:3_sadley: Reverse lockout won't work.......:3_usehead

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back to the stock shifter because of the boot....:3_sadley:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I like the shift knob for the '07s ... nice lookin'

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
After doing the STS a couple times, I can do it in less than 5 mins. You don't even have to take the console out, just pop the part with the shift boot off, unbolt the 4 bolts and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
maybe it's on 5spd, but i did do it in 2-2.5 hours. it was a biatch to take the round clip off. and drive the c-shaped stick with passengers seat in the place..

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I hadn't realized that the knob is different. Interesting.

But yeah, I know what you mean about the boot. I ended up putting mine up on the lockout where your fingers usually lift it (ie: up one slot from where you have it). It doesn't bunch up quite as much and you get used to having it there when you lift that collar up.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
572 Posts
You can get a leather shift boot from Redline that they can customize for you. I got the black leather shift boot with red piping and the leather armrest for $75 shipped from Europe. Its a great deal and Redline's stuff is well-made and looks incredible. Just let them know you have an STS and they can shorten the boot when they make it.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/shiftboot.htm

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome find.. Thanks again-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts