Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what a cai (cold air intake ) is but what is an sri ? :3_confuse

I'm going to start ordering parts for my tib this is what I have so far but I’m not to sure what brand I should order and money is no option. What are good brands and how much do you think it will cost, I really don’t know who to go with on parts. I only really know of Greddy and AEM. I'm a noob when it comes to this.

Intake
rims/tires/
roaters and breaks
headers
exauast . . . I want a loud sounding one like my old camaro any ideas?

Thanks for thoughts and input.

·
Registered
514 Posts
SRI=Short Ram Intake all the mods you listed sound pretty good...I would save the brakes for later...besides that...pimp it!

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
tiburon_gsr said:
I know what a cai (cold air intake ) is but what is an sri ? :3_confuse

I'm going to start ordering parts for my tib this is what I have so far but I’m not to sure what brand I should order and money is no option. What are good brands and how much do you think it will cost, I really don’t know who to go with on parts. I only really know of Greddy and AEM. I'm a noob when it comes to this.

Intake
rims/tires/
roaters and breaks
headers
exauast . . . I want a loud sounding one like my old camaro any ideas?

Thanks for thoughts and input.
lol you cant compare a v8 camero exhaust to a tiburon exhaust.. it was a v8 you had or the v6?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it was a v8 but i thought maybe i could get that same sound instead of a weed wacker sound.

what are good brand names to go with.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
tiburon_gsr said:
yes it was a v8 but i thought maybe i could get that same sound instead of a weed wacker sound.
thanks guys for the help.
the V6 tiburon doesnt have a weed wacker sound with a aftermarker exhaust.. do you have a v6? or a 4?

when i had my 4cly elantra and i had exhaust on it, it didnt sound like a weedwacker.. remmeber these are hyundais not hondas.. lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have a v6 with the stock exaust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tiburon628 said:
when i get my exhaust im going with borla.. do a search and you will find cars with them.. sounds GREAT.
i'll do that now. Thanks.

if anyone else is wondering its a 2003 2.7 l vg 6spd gsr

·
Registered
533 Posts
the borla is prolly one of the most lowest toned exhausts for the tib, its different but not too loud, the loudest one is the SSA exhaust, some people think that its ricey, but until u hear it in real life. the vids and clips just dont do enought justice. all the aftermarket exhausts sound good on a v6 tib. but once u get headers the tone will be a lot louder. so when u do start lookin for exhaust deff. look around for a lil bit cuz the options varie good luck on the tib

oh yea, u will never get a tib exhaust to sound like a V8, ull find exhausts that will sound sexier though

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
PinoyTib said:
the borla is prolly one of the most lowest toned exhausts for the tib, its different but not too loud, the loudest one is the SSA exhaust, some people think that its ricey, but until u hear it in real life. the vids and clips just dont do enought justice. all the aftermarket exhausts sound good on a v6 tib. but once u get headers the tone will be a lot louder. so when u do start lookin for exhaust deff. look around for a lil bit cuz the options varie good luck on the tib
i heard on in real life last week.. its LOUD especially with headers.. i also heard a tib with the borla right next to the car with the SSA and its 100% different.. IMO i like the borla better, the SSA would annoy me after a while.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Tiburon628 said:
i heard on in real life last week.. its LOUD especially with headers.
sounded good though didnt it?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Injen SRI
Borla cat back exhaust
NGM Stage 3 or 4 intake manifold
Fuel tuner (MAFterburner or SAFC2)
Dyno tune

If you have the skills, go for headers with a high flow cat (like Hotshot).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts