Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I got my amp and sub hooked up to my deck yesterday and i still use the stock amp for the stock speakers so they both are wired together with the RMS wire... My sub keeps hitting when my stereo is all the way down to zero volume. Is the RMS wire hooked up wrong or what...
I have an SSL DVD Deck, Jensen Amp, Clarion 10" sub, Scosche wiring...
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The way I did my system was connecting the power wire to the battery, ground to the frame, RCA wires to the back of the deck and the blue RMS/REM wire to my cig lighter wire so the amp only cuts on when the ignition is on.

If I read this right you hooked up your sub to an aftermarket amp? What are your amp settings? Is there a way to adjust the SW level through your HU?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The way I did my system was connecting the power wire to the battery, ground to the frame, RCA wires to the back of the deck and the blue RMS/REM wire to my cig lighter wire so the amp only cuts on when the ignition is on.

If I read this right you hooked up your sub to an aftermarket amp? What are your amp settings? Is there a way to adjust the SW level through your HU?
I have an aftermarket amp & sub... i have to look at my amp settings... its like 180/180 L/H... Bass Boost is on (i was going to turn this off today).... Also its in 2 channel mode (4 channel amp)...
No way to control subwoofer through HU

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have an aftermarket amp & sub... i have to look at my amp settings... its like 180/180 L/H... Bass Boost is on (i was going to turn this off today).... Also its in 2 channel mode (4 channel amp)...
No way to control subwoofer through HU
Sounds like your RCAs coming outa your HU are not controling the output.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i have another set... i just have to solder the the ends back... Monster Cable... hehe ill try that tho...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was only with my ipod i found out cause i have an aux. port where i plug it in at and if i turn down my ipod when the stereo is at zero the sub stops... kinda funky but hey i can control my sub with my ipod lol...
Also, I turned off Bass Boost and it sound 10x better...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea my bass boost is off to its a much cleaner sound

but since your talking about subs i get this really annoying crackling noise in my system when i hit bumps every so often

more when i have a passenger in the back right side

i think it might be the ground wire being pinched but im really not sure

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is your ground wire really tight? cause if you just kinda stuck it somewhere like some people do then ya it will do that but make sure its tight on both the amp and where its planted at....

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
yea its on there really tight

but my system is on a motorized track so i can get to my spare and have a butt load of trunk space so the wires might be too short or long

it happens randomly though so its not a big problem

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
oh i was thinking idk what it would be... wanna see my sub install in my stock box?

Shoot my pics are missing.... lol

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
way too much money in a sound system... haha... but its good looking... I use an amp i got when i was 16 from my brother in law and a clarion ten that i bought for my ranger for 120 and then i got Scoshe wiring haha...

·
Banned
1,074 Posts

that is exactly how i did it. I feel that is the easiest way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts