Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my subs hooked up and it's on a [email protected]$$ looking switch. What I need to know is if it's okay to cut a small hole into the dash by the light switch of my car. Do you know which piece I'm talking about? It's on the left side of the steering wheel by the door. I was thinking about running the cable through the breaker box and down by the pedals...hiding it with the power cable of course.

Gimme some imput.
Thanks!

-Masato

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I dont know if you want to cut a hole in the dash its self, but on the left of the steering colomn where you vent is, there are 2 blank switched their, and you can take one of them out and cut it and put the switch right their. Thats what i did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I mean like...If my car transmission dies on me they aren't going to try to pull some dumb sh!t like "Oh well you cut into your car so we can't do anything about that...."

·
Registered
962 Posts
If you mess with the tranny and your tranny goes as a result of what you did thats how a warrenty is voided. WHat you are doing has nothing to do with anything else so you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
do you have an '06? cuz i know on my SE both my deadswitches are left of the steering column, next to the light control thing.. and i got no deadswitches on my center console or anything... so hes prolly not talking about cutting directly into the dash but into the deadswitches next to the light control...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I own an '06 Tib. And yes...the deadswitches on the left side are the ones I'm talking about. I have no freakin idea how they come out though! I've taken the breaker box cover off AND the side cover by the door...but I still can't get my hand in there...let alone see anything...

The switch that I have has about a 1" by 1cm box in the back...so I can't just drill a hole through the deadswitch. I need to take the whole thing out so I can make room back there...So anyone have any advice about taking out the deadswitches?

-Masato

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
wish i could help ya with that.. but i dont know how to take them out..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Alot of times dashes will have screws holding a bracket in and the bracket holds the deadswitches. But then again if you get a light and can't see the back the best thing to do so you don't break anything is to pull the lower part of your dash and feeling your way up to them from underneath....
D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts