Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok anyone have 1 of these or drove 1?
a junk yard has 1 sitting outside there shop been sitting there for awhile now and was thinking about buying it. There pretty nice looking cars

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
They have decent power, but are slow because

A. They weigh 3500+ pounds.
B. AWD
C. Only come in automatics.

Plus its a boxer 6, so it's hard to work on. Don't buy it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Screw what the others said, that could be fix with tunning (well except the window). I would point out that they had problems with the tranny dying.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i knew they were AWD and were prob pretty heavy. but its looks like a half decent car to fix up.

·
Registered
639 Posts
go for it. decent rare car.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I remember coming across a forum 2 years ago that had a good collection of aftermarket parts for them. Appearantly, their aftermarket is pretty small.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i checked acouple car links and i only found 1 that carried after market parts for them. thats what scared me off into buying it. but am gonna check back in a week to see if they wanna sell it or not.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
get it as a project car , gut the crap out of it
AWD rules
and if it doesnt work out you can always go redneck on it and drop a 350 , anything flies with a 350
speaking of wich , this dealer out by my ouse has a roush wich says 427 on the fender ,it still runs the 4.7 but that is one sick stang

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha thats funny oh and ya that mustang is pretty nice too

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
diymirage said:
get it as a project car , gut the crap out of it
AWD rules
and if it doesnt work out you can always go redneck on it and drop a 350 , anything flies with a 350
speaking of wich , this dealer out by my ouse has a roush wich says 427 on the fender ,it still runs the 4.7 but that is one sick stang

IT RUNS A 4.6 NOT 4.7

what is this world coming to.....

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
deez337 said:
IT RUNS A 4.6 NOT 4.7

what is this world coming to.....
typo
6 is right next to 7
unless they bored it
but that aint to much of a bore
so its a
typo

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
I've always like the SVX and the XT Coupe. I thought doing a WRX or STi engine swap in either would be cool. The XT and SVX were too ahead of their time to be really appreciated. Similar to the Delorean, in my opinion. If they had modern engines, transmissions and other modern technology, they would be awesome!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
the svx was a very cool car imo... i was looking for one a while ago. but i decided on another wierd underappreciated car... the tib, lol.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'd rather spend the money on a 93-01 generation Impreza coupe.

Seeing how rare and unpopular they are/were, I don't think it would be wise to buy one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts