Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
to be honest with you no. i've never had a problem with running it hard in cold a$$ temps. although sometimes it does sound like the sound quality isn't that great and there have been times when i turn the bass remote down a little and then once the car and the sub is warmed up i turn the knob all the way up and blast it. i don't see why cold should be a factor on how to run your subs.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have always been told to let em warm up and I always have...I agree with the previous statment, but it still is only material and it is now in freezing temps...you hit it to hard to quick shat might start breaking...same with your car. I would just take it easy for a few min and let it warm up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say warm up...do you mean run the sub at low settings...or actually have the car physically warm it up? Cause the latter is hard to do. :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
I actually mean open the hatch and rub them for a few min...:) and on that note...have them on but dont shake the car next to you...once they are used for a while (the inside should be warm to at that point) they should be safe to vibrate the car next to you.

·
Registered
533 Posts
PANAXRX said:
I actually mean open the hatch and rub them for a few min...:) and on that note...have them on but dont shake the car next to you...once they are used for a while (the inside should be warm to at that point) they should be safe to vibrate the car next to you.
Let it rip, no need to warm up. I've been running these Orions for 8 years now, and they still pound.

·
Registered
533 Posts
They are stiff until they warm up, so you wont get full output until then. But its not like it will hurt the subs to turn it up right away.

·
Registered
375 Posts
unless they are cheapa$$ subs then the surround will explode
but if you have good quality subs ur good to go

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was -35F with windchill the other day. I've already been hospitalized for frostbite this year. I love canada!

·
Registered
939 Posts
With temps that cold, and pricey head units / subs / amps, it's probably a good idea to go easy on them at first. Let all that gear warm up some before you pound on it. Maybe just 5 minutes at low volume. That's what I've always done...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
it was -38 celcious here yesterday, beleive me, warm them up first (let them run on low volume and work them in over 10 min or so, the foam can crack and it can cause problems with the sound quality)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
ive heard people say u need let it warm up (subs and amp). I say why not? better safe than sorry. It wont hurt to listen to the music at "normal" volume for a few minutes before bumpin

·
Registered
605 Posts
i don't even know why we even try to blast it in winter when we have our windows rolled up. :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some of us don't need to show off to the entire neighbourhood all the time. ;)

Yeah I heard that the foam ones can crack and stuff in cold conditions, thats why i got the rubber ones.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah, I guess the foam could crack. I'm assuming you bought good subs.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
even the rubber ones can crack, it depends on the temperature and moisture. If you crank it off the bat.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Travis7s said:
It was -35F with windchill the other day.
Windchill doesn't affect inanimate objects such as cars or the sub. It only affects people and animals.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts