Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an extra amp and 2 12" subs laying around i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find or what i need to hook those up to the factory head unit cause i dont want to spring for a new head unit yet???

Another quick question if anyone knows. I have the same setup in my other car and recently the cd player stopped working and i know i need a new one but i cant figure out why the amp wont power on right now and i haev checked and double checked the connexctions and i know that they are correct because i have done it all myself and it has been running good for like 3 years?? any help would be greatful

·
Registered
298 Posts
you need the adaptor that they sell at any audio shop. Wha the adaptor does is give you rca jacks so that you can hook up your amp!

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
Depends on what factory headunit you have....

Some have factory outputs

·
Registered
274 Posts
2006silvertiburon said:
i have an extra amp and 2 12" subs laying around i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find or what i need to hook those up to the factory head unit cause i dont want to spring for a new head unit yet???

Another quick question if anyone knows. I have the same setup in my other car and recently the cd player stopped working and i know i need a new one but i cant figure out why the amp wont power on right now and i haev checked and double checked the connexctions and i know that they are correct because i have done it all myself and it has been running good for like 3 years?? any help would be greatful

Like streetshark said all you need is an adapter, and for the amp, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if the head unit won't turn on the amp won't power on. The remote wire that runs from the head unit to the amp turns the amp on.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
tstibby said:
Like streetshark said all you need is an adapter, and for the amp, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if the head unit won't turn on the amp won't power on. The remote wire that runs from the head unit to the amp turns the amp on.
What kind of adapter are you guys talking about???

·
Registered
962 Posts
Its an rca converter. If you have the means go out and buy an entry level pioneer or alpine deck and you will be much happier. RCA converter sounds like poo. Its very sloppy and doesn't give you very clean bass. I know because I used to have one. If you are dead set on it I can sell you mine. It was like 25 at best buy and I can sell it for like 10 plus shipping.

·
How do you change this?
1,883 Posts
riggs1088 said:
Its an rca converter. If you have the means go out and buy an entry level pioneer or alpine deck and you will be much happier. RCA converter sounds like poo. Its very sloppy and doesn't give you very clean bass. I know because I used to have one. If you are dead set on it I can sell you mine. It was like 25 at best buy and I can sell it for like 10 plus shipping.
OH I hoped that wasnt what it is.... :3_frusty: sounds like poo IMO

Am I correct in saying there was a specific factory deck that had the preouts in the back of it already?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Double Dizzle said:
I hooked up to my factory head unit just fine.......I have the Kenwood with the 05 SE.
but only the SEs have that.. i wish i had gotten an SE, sucks for me haha..

plus, someone here on NT double-checked with the dealer and found out that using the outputs on the stock kenwood voids your sound system's warranty w/hyundai.. dont know why but man.. haha

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
SE BABY STOCK WITH A KENWOOD HEADUNIT AND 2 OUTLETS ON THE BACK...FTW!!!

buy a new head unit really though. should be able to find a decent one online for $100 or even less.

·
Registered
298 Posts
dude i have an rca converter I can sell you for say $10 shipped if your interested send me a pm because chances are I might forget about this thread!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Crook4life07 said:
you dont HAVE to buy the adapter. if you want you can just steal the signal from one of your rear stock subs. Its pretty much the exact same thing. Just cheaper

I agree if you have the Infinty sound system, all you have to do is tap into the signal wires going to the stock sub with a set of RCA cables and their you go. It wont void anything, and if you hide the wire they will never know.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a 2006 GS I-4 with the stock Kenwood with RCA outputs on the back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had amp running off stock head unit with no adaptor ... just twisted to rca heads onto the stock subwoofer speaker wire... I just got a new cdplayer with subwoofer rca output and it made no diffrence in sound

·
Registered
71 Posts
The adapter you need is called a line output converter. I use them all day everyday. I do installs on a daily basis for a living and I agree. The LOCs sound crappy compared to just getting a head unit.

I have an Alpine CDA-9855 I'm trying to get rid of if you are looking for one... other than that. Best Buy sells plenty of Headunits for less than $200. I should know that's where i work. haha. Anyways... it's almost useless to use the LOC unless you have a headunit that has Navigation and all that stock. If it's just a CD player and radio... lose it... it will give up sooner or later anyways.
Later,
D

·
Banned
181 Posts
krayziazndragon said:
plus, someone here on NT double-checked with the dealer and found out that using the outputs on the stock kenwood voids your sound system's warranty w/hyundai.. dont know why but man.. haha
No it won't... :3_headsha Unless the part you hook up to the Kenwood is found to be the cause of the "melt down" that requires warranty work.. Then you'd be screwed..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts