Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been debating for a while whether or not to put my system from my old car into the new Tib. I already have the stock Infinity sound system, and I'm not sure if I really need to put in my old system. It consisted of two 12" 1042watt Infinity woofers and a 1700watt Kenwood amp. Right now I have the stock head unit and the one I would buy is a little over 300 bux. I'm debating on whether or not to buy it now, wait a little bit and buy a Injen SRI and tint my windows and then buy the head unit, or forget the aftermarket head unit all together and sell my system for more money for other mods. All in all, everyone could here me coming for a while before they could see me in my old Eclipse.

Sorry for the long post....basically the jist of it was, do I put my old setup in my car or not? Thanks for the opinions guys.:3_zoefzoe

·
Banned
181 Posts
It's winter.. Go with the system.. Save a little cash up and you can start the performance mods in the spring..:3_devil_w

·
Registered
282 Posts
if you have it use it.... i made the mistake of selling my old system.... i took a beating on the price .... it wasnt worth it

you dont have interior speakers and amp?

·
Banned
181 Posts
It sounds like you are the obnoxious type
Really don't think the response was called for... Anyway, get the system. It's not my thing but it's your ride. Enjoy whatever you like..

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not really actually. It was loud but I've heard louder around here. If I wanted to try and show off for everyone, I would have put them in by now, so I could be called a ricer by all the hicks that live around here. Crazy people....thye don't like imports for some odd reason.....

EDIT: I do already have an amp, but I would need an aftermarket head unit. My choices are in my sig. What door speakers would you guys reccomend to upgrade the Infinity speakers? I thought they were already pretty good for stock?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You're posting in the wrong section if you want an unbiased opinion. People in this forum are much more likely to tell you to go with audio equipment than if you posted in the performance section, where they'd tell you to sell your stuff and get performance upgrades.

Anyhow, if your definition of "system" only includes subs and an amp, and you're running 2 12"s, then you're probably not going for sound quality so much as you are spl. If you already have the stuff though, and you liked it, may as well hang on to it and put it in when you get a chance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
First of all, why are you asking others if you should put a system in your car or not???? That doesn't make any sense to me. I still have my old system from my old car and I am going to put it in whenever I have some free time and little extra money.

The amp wire is really easy to put on the tiburon. Well, if you have a jack and a stand, take the driver side front wheel off, and take the fender plastic off. You can run the wire from the battery to the hole there and through the hole that goes from there to the inside the car. Run the wire all the way through the back under the carpet on the driver side. Just take the door sill off and you have enough room for you to put 0 gauge wire through there the factory wiring are.

Tiburon is really easy car for a sound system, not much ripping off plastics on the car to do something to the car.

I need some extra money to built me a box, to buy the amp kit, and new HU....I don't like my factory kenwood too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts