Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.

Ok, so here's our like, official suggestion box... hehe.

You can all feel free to pour your ideas into this hat and i'll do what i can to make it real for you.

There's a lot of product out there im sure i dont know about and i'd love to bring it to the forefront at a good price. We will probably be developing products of our own in time once we're set up for that but for the time being i'm focusing on getting you guys the parts you need at prices you can afford, so if you know something that's out there, shout out!

Tom C.-

Boostology.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
just 1 suggestion ... on your website under FI, the alpine ones come up as your price is higher than MSRP ... ummm i think someone made a mistake ... maybe im wrong, but it says

"savings -5%" lol, jus a heads up

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bakerking31 said:
just 1 suggestion ... on your website under FI, the alpine ones come up as your price is higher than MSRP ... ummm i think someone made a mistake ... maybe im wrong, but it says

"savings -5%" lol, jus a heads up

Lol yes i know.... The site is quite out of date. I've been trying to get my partner to put an under construction homepage up for a couple days now so people dont get so confuzzled until we've had a chance to go through and revamp the site. Guess i better start nagging him again tomorrow, lol. Thanks for the heads up though!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
A working website with up to date prices. I bought my CM stage 3 clutch and flywheel combo from you guys, but then you shut the doors....i wouldnt mind ordering more stuff, but you gotta give us some way to buy crap

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phlash said:
A working website with up to date prices. I bought my CM stage 3 clutch and flywheel combo from you guys, but then you shut the doors....i wouldnt mind ordering more stuff, but you gotta give us some way to buy crap

Well the Group Buys we are running, payments can be made to [email protected] for anything listed in a Group Buy forum.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Boostology said:
Hey Guys.

Ok, so here's our like, official suggestion box... hehe.

You can all feel free to pour your ideas into this hat and i'll do what i can to make it real for you.

There's a lot of product out there im sure i dont know about and i'd love to bring it to the forefront at a good price. We will probably be developing products of our own in time once we're set up for that but for the time being i'm focusing on getting you guys the parts you need at prices you can afford, so if you know something that's out there, shout out!

Tom C.-

Boostology.
AFFORDABLE Custom ECU tuning in the hands of the customer (via ODBII), no stupid ecu swap out for reflash.
Make it happen. Do it. Right now. All other new performance mods are useless until you make this!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
YES agreed, we can get more of a gain with this than just about any other bolt on part availible

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to do this for you guys, but we need a little bit more support from the community in order to make this a reality.

In the interim, things with the emanage are looking really good, complete control over the primary injectors and full timing control... i hope that works for you in the meanwhile. It's basically acting as a standalone and only keeping the MAF in the system to maintain OBD for inspection. Pretty good stuff. :)

Keep them coming guys, if it's something less involved i can bring it to you sooner!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Boostology said:
I would love to do this for you guys, but we need a little bit more support from the community in order to make this a reality.

In the interim, things with the emanage are looking really good, complete control over the primary injectors and full timing control... i hope that works for you in the meanwhile. It's basically acting as a standalone and only keeping the MAF in the system to maintain OBD for inspection. Pretty good stuff. :)

Keep them coming guys, if it's something less involved i can bring it to you sooner!
What kind of support do you need? There is a long thread in the F/I section about open source ecu tuning that has a lot of good info. Just tell us what you need and I'm sure someone out there can provide.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toschinator said:
What kind of support do you need? There is a long thread in the F/I section about open source ecu tuning that has a lot of good info. Just tell us what you need and I'm sure someone out there can provide.

Well i am sort of waiting on them to isolate the roms that contain the important maps... after that i'll get into the open ecu software and start figuring out how that works.

In the end i can easily have someone either figure out how to interface it through a laptop, or in the alternative it would be cooler to have a handheld, but that might take some work.

Also need to source out cables for the OBD port and figure out which connector pins do what.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Kspec seems to be using a software called SAM2000 to reflash the factory ECU

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
phlash said:
Kspec seems to be using a software called SAM2000 to reflash the factory ECU

Yes, RIPP was using SAM2000 also, but for some reason, while it worked it was not maintaining the original OBD-II functionality which is why it was never brought to market officially.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
First hand experience in this... OBDII did not work after the ecu reflash from sam2000. As soon as anyone tried to plug in to obdii for any reason at all they would get a "communications error" which in my case prevented MA state inspection. New ECU solved the problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
GrAsShOpPeR said:
First hand experience in this... OBDII did not work after the ecu reflash from sam2000. As soon as anyone tried to plug in to obdii for any reason at all they would get a "communications error" which in my case prevented MA state inspection. New ECU solved the problem.
MA plugs in an OBDII for an inspection??

·
Registered
867 Posts
You should give out free super chargers and and headers and what nots.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rbgCODE said:
You should give out free super chargers and and headers and what nots.

o_O Not really sure how i should take that one haha...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
hahhahah, wouldnt that be great

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
strozak said:
MA plugs in an OBDII for an inspection??
Absolutely. Many states do. That is what partly what obd is for.

·
Registered
542 Posts
GrAsShOpPeR said:
Well I think this was more of user error since this software was used for the REAL ECUs and any other ECU that comes out of Korea and they don't have that problem...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Toschinator said:
Well I think this was more of user error since this software was used for the REAL ECUs and any other ECU that comes out of Korea and they don't have that problem...
anything out of korea is not the same hardware as here in the US. I was involved in the sam2000 ecu testing. my car was used for a year in this process. you can't get a state inspection sticker that uses the obdii interface with this reflash on the ecu. it will not work and it wasn't a user error, unless the koreans that flew down here to do it are very bad at what they do.
Simply bumping the rev limiter might work but to do what we wanted to do, which is change the fuel maps, injector size and control, timing, and so on (which REAL ecu does NOT do) it did not work without sacrificing obdii functionality. period. If you want to continue this we should take it in to another thread. this is for boostology suggestions, not sam2000 US failure.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts