Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with the sunroof shade it closely easily, but is extremely hard to open sometimes I have to use the sunroof to open it. I want to fix it myself cause dealerships are a ripoff, so if anyone could tell me what I could do to fix the problem that would be great.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
869 Posts
hmmm....when it's pulled back did you check to see that the tracks are clean?

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you're under warranty... have them look at it. It costs nothing to look at something that's not electical... as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
could be off track. same thing happend in my moms XG-350 and had hyundai fix it. Do u let your sunroof push back the shade cover (like when u press the button to open the sunroof u let it carry back the door) cause ur not sopose to do that according to Hyundai and that can mess with the track

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Mine's been fine for over 3 years. I do let the sunroof push mine back, because it pushes it even on both sides. Alot of people manually slide there's which usually results in pulling it back on an angle. I guess Hyundai has a reason for not wanting people to use the power sunroof to slide the shade, but it's worked for me.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
bagpiper said:
Mine's been fine for over 3 years. I do let the sunroof push mine back, because it pushes it even on both sides. Alot of people manually slide there's which usually results in pulling it back on an angle. I guess Hyundai has a reason for not wanting people to use the power sunroof to slide the shade, but it's worked for me.
Then you my friend are one of the lucky ones....I used to let the sunroof push the sunshade back, but it got stuck once and I had to take it to the dealership to have it fixed.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea i did that with letting the motor pushing it back. Then one day it snapped so it doesnt move back with the sunroof and i wont open at all

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would never let the sun roof push it back. Cause what if it did get jammed and something cracked? I wouldn't even risk it and never have.

The same thing happened on my 03. I got pissed as well and just ripped it out and a lil plastic piece came out with it. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it for free. But its still not perfect. I still have to use 2 hands to push it back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's JaysBlueTiburon here, ya I took it too the dealership and they are like it is not under warranty only the motor is and they told me that I could just let the sunroof open the shade.

I thought that was kinda stupid, and it is like over 300 dollars with parts and labour to replace it.

So I tried to fix it myself, and here is the fix:

I used Jigg A Loo lubricant spray cause it doesn't run, and I located to sun shade track guide and sprayed the crap out of them with the Jigg A Loo spary and it works perfectly now.

Good luck everyone else who is having the same problem.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had the same problem.......I bought my '03 GT in May and a few months later it was a major problem. Took it in and they replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
120 Posts
just curious but what warranty is it covered under? since i have the same problem and i just ripped mine out. but the sun eventually gets annoying after it beats down on you.

·
Banned
312 Posts
It would be the bumper to bumper warranty... I just leave mine open all the time... if its nice enough out for the sun to beat down on me.. its nice enough to have the sunroof open.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I opened mine and then tried to close it, but the second part of the shade (not the part with the handle) just broke off it has some cheap *** plastic pieces that hold it all together which apparently only last for a few months! :qright5:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts