Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was called up to do some cooking for a camp i've worked at for the past 10 or so years up in the Sechelt/Gibsons area, and found out that on Sunday (today) they closed down the local airport to have drag races. Needless to say, being bored (since campers have left and we're waiting for another crew to arrive) I headed out there to find some entertainment. It was a 1/8 mile strip, no prep, only received 1 time slip out of 4 runs, and we started off racing in the rain LMAO. I must say it was one of the most ghetto/red neck setups ever. Out of around 200 cars, there was myself, one turbo'd civic, and a turbo'd Soarer, both of which I didn't get to run. The other 197 were mid to late 60 and 70's v8's with a few oddballs thrown into the mix.

First 3 races I was up against a plymoth, and then 2 chevys. All the races were neck and neck except for the last chevy who was about an eight of a second quicker. Last race was against a Dodge 1500 panel van.... :3_chubby::3_chubby: I umm... won

So out of 3 old school built V8's, the tibby was able to take out 2 of them :3_winkthu I must say, I can't wait to be back in town so I can hit up MRP. $10 bucks cheaper, 1/4 mile and track prep. It was however pretty nice to be able to run some domestics, see how the tib would match up and the crowd was great. Unfortunate that at MRP we're only ever matched up with other imports.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts