Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so i was lookin through some mags, PAS to be specific and i saw some cars with superchargers and a BOV. Now i thought that only turbo cars benefit from a BOV. I dont know how much boost the car was running but is that how they work, if u have more boost then a BOV will benefit u and if ur not runnin an insane amount then u dont need one? I was just wondering cuz none of the kits for the tib have BOV except for the ripp one and thats a diferent kinda SC and im pretty sure the ones in the mags were all roots type SCs.

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
It would have to be either centrifugal or mounted further away from the IM than our cars' roots options are... which is very rare.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
as far as i know only centrifugal SC's use a BOV

the reason i think is because with a roots supercharger, the supercharger is already right on top of the IM so the air is going directly in the IM,

but with a centrifugal, the supercharger is sitting further away and has piping going to the IM which would be pressurized with air once you let off the gas and close the throttle body, so the air would need somewhere to vent.

I dont know much about twin screw superchargers so i wouldnt know if those might use BOV's as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts