Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Supercharger part??.....help!! Pics Now!!

Hey Boys!! I have this part that I received when I bought my Alpine Stage-1 supercharger. It is blue and kind of circular with a silver bracket and has an outlet hose in the back and 2 inlet pieces in the front. I am not sure what it is exactly? I have 2 pics I can e-mail you to let me know what it is as they won't let me post them on here. Thanks so much!!! Steve.......

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
rsnyderjr2 said:
post a pic dumass...
Hey man, why you gotta be so harsh?

You would get a faster response if you posted a pic :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would post a pic for sure but for some reason no matter how much I downsize the pic the site won't allow me as it says it is too BIG. When I get home from work I'll send the pic out to the guys who responded as they may have a guess at it or can post it for me? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!! when I get home from work I'll go check out that site!! The part I have as well I don't need as I have sold my supercharger so I'll be selling it anyways but it would be nice to know what I am selling or have? It wasn't any part that Alpine sells though? Weird!! I'll post it here after if I can........
:3_nosthum

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Its a FMU. Like a Vortech or a clone. It ups the fuel a certain ratio, depending on the FMU specs.

You don't need that. Did you buy it used?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
c-man said:
FMU

You don't need that. Did you buy it used?
It came with the Alpine supercharger?? Bizarre because it wasn't listed with the parts list included and I had no idea what it was for? What is it worth?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bagpiper said:
You buy the Alpine used fro someone, cause I don't think Alpine's ever included those with their kits.
The guy I bought the supercharger from bought it directly from Alpine but needed money so he never ended up even installing the supercharger. He included the the mystery part (FMU) but I had no idea what it was.......I believe it is a vortech now that I see the pics of them.......They are kinda expensive.....oh well....maybe somebody needs one?

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
It looks used and no Vortech label. $50

Brand new they're around $100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts