Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 04 GT, recently i noticed that my car has quite a bit of "slop" in the steering wheel. As in, it takes more of a rotation to get a response. ive had the car for about 19 months and this only began in the past few weeks. also it sounds like some sort of rattle coming from the passenger front-wheel, when i go over small bumps and such. and when i turn the wheel to the right slightly there is some sort of clicking. and it happens when its not rolling, so its not the cv joints. the only thing that i can think of is that i recently moved to a new house and my driveway is on a pretty steep incline (30degrees r so). could taking this incline rather quickly have bent, or knocked something loose?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check for oil around the strut to see if is blown, turning into a steep driveway puts a lot of stress on one strut especially if your turning at speed smashing the strut quickly against the bump-stop. If blown it would make a rattling noise and cause an imbalance in the front suspension. Check the sway bar mounts, a loose or broken front sway bar mount can make the car feel unstable not only on the highway but also when turning, plus loose sways make a lot of noise both rattles and knocking. And yes the A-arm could be bent, its not to hard to take it out if you need to replace it as long as you have 4 jack stands, good tools and a breaker bar. next is the power streering (I'd go to the dealer for that). Good luck I’ve torn my suspension down several times looking for noises and rattles and other problems, sometimes it can take a long time to find them, of course my suspension is modified so I do it myself to avoid the BS "your car is modified I can't work on that" dealer speech. happy hunting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts