Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current steering and suspension mods are:
Speedfread lsd
Eibach pro-system
03 front sway
progress rear sway(on hard)
Dc sports front and rear strut bars
Ingalls rear control arms
Ape Traction kit(to be installed)

My car feels like it suffers from a little understeer after my mods. Im assuming this is mostly due to my thicker 03 bar on. The bar is great for general driveabilty but im not liking the understeer under hard cornering. I just took of my dc sports rear bar as there was a problem with it and they are sending me a new one. After i took it off, i feel like ive lost some of the understeer. Im wondering if i should leave it off?
So im trying to lose some understeer or gain some oversteer. Are there any thicker rear sway bars available in the Us or Korea. Or do you guys think if i get these and preload the rear sway that i will gain lose some understeer?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-Hyundai-Tiburon-Adjustable-Rear-Sway-Bar-Links_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33592QQihZ002QQitemZ120000004846QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
And yes as an fyi i have read this:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81685
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
those will not help!
They will preload the swaybar left to right. so one end of your car will stick up more than the other. if you want to get rid of more understeer you could look at the eibach kit (only available in front and rear, then sell the front swaybar and keep the rear) or a set of adjustable coilovers with adjustable preload and right height would be best. I would try swaping back to your stock front swaybar to reduce understeer. that's likely the easyest way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JDOGG said:
those will not help!
They will preload the swaybar left to right. so one end of your car will stick up more than the other. if you want to get rid of more understeer you could look at the eibach kit (only available in front and rear, then sell the front swaybar and keep the rear) or a set of adjustable coilovers with adjustable preload and right height would be best. I would try swaping back to your stock front swaybar to reduce understeer. that's likely the easyest way.
The front swaybar of the eibach kit is 26mm. That will give me more understeer than the 23mm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Hurdler5280 said:
The front swaybar of the eibach kit is 26mm. That will give me more understeer than the 23mm.
he was saying to get the kit and then sell the front piece because you wouldnt use it for your purposes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
strozak said:
he was saying to get the kit and then sell the front piece because you wouldnt use it for your purposes...
I know but if i get the eibach kit It will change the front one that i have in to 26mm. The one that i have in is a 23mm. The will give me more understeer. Im trying to get rid of that. I also already have a 22mm rear so that wont help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
i think he was saying to sell the front out of the kit and use the rear....which like you said would only make sense if that rear is thicker than the other aftermarket ones.....not sure if it is (i don't feel like looking)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Then im afraid its time for adjustable coilovers with adjustable preload. that will fix your problem lickady split
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mcdwf398 said:
i think he was saying to sell the front out of the kit and use the rear....which like you said would only make sense if that rear is thicker than the other aftermarket ones.....not sure if it is (i don't feel like looking)
Ya the eibach is 22mm as well. Maybe ill just put the 04 stocker back on.

Jdogg said:
Then im afraid its time for adjustable coilovers with adjustable preload. that will fix your problem lickady split
Ya i was talking to kdmguy and he said that i could get some pillowball mounts for the rear. They will be expensive though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
956 Posts
Hurdler5280 said:
Ya the eibach is 22mm as well. Maybe ill just put the 04 stocker back on.



Ya i was talking to kdmguy and he said that i could get some pillowball mounts for the rear. They will be expensive though.
well the stock rear would cause more understeer...and i think you can get ksports for like $900 bucks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mcdwf398 said:
well the stock rear would cause more understeer...and i think you can get ksports for like $900 bucks....
Opps didnt specify. I meant the front sway stocker.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top